𝟭𝟮. 𝗢𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗣𝗶𝘁𝘆?

Chapter Twelve: Out of Pity?

As she lay nestled in Shubman's arms, her breaths steady and tranquil, he found himself gently massaging her scalp with his fingertips. The soft strands of her hair twined around his fingers as he traced delicate patterns across her skin. They had both agreed to take things slow, to let their relationship unfold naturally without rushing into anything. He could sense her hesitation, her fear of moving too quickly and risking everything slipping away. She was a cautious soul, afraid to show too much love for fear of it being misunderstood or rejected.

He didn't want to add to her worries or fuel her overthinking. Instead, he wanted to reassure her with his actions, to show her that she could trust him and that he would always be there for her. So, as she slept soundly in his arms, he let my fingers work their magic, soothing away her doubts and fears with each gentle stroke.

As the minutes slipped by, her breathing remained steady, lulling him into a peaceful state. The rhythm of her inhales and exhales created a comforting melody, and soon, he found myself drifting into sleep alongside her.

The next morning, he stirred from his slumber to the sensation of gentle kisses against his cheeks. A soft yet slightly raspy voice murmured, "Wake up, Shubman. We have to leave for the next location for the test match."

He couldn't help but smile as he looked at her, her hair tousled and her appearance delightfully dishevelled in the morning light. To him, she was more beautiful in this natural state than any other.

Returning his smile, she leaned forward and placed a tender kiss on his nose. "Wake up and get ready. I'll go to my room now," she said softly, preparing to rise from their embrace.

But before she could make her move, he gently pulled her back, their noses touching as he rubbed them together affectionately. "What's the rush? Let your man hold you in his arms for a little while longer," he whispered.

She chuckled at his words, her laughter like music to his ears. With a playful twinkle in her eye, she reached up and gently squished his cheeks, eliciting a grin from him. Leaning in closer, she placed her lips on his in a brief but sweet kiss.

"Do that in flight, but right now, we'll be late if we don't get moving," she whispered against his lips, her breath warm against his skin. "And if we come down together in the lobby, people might speculate."

He couldn't resist the urge to pull her closer, his arms enveloping her in a tender embrace. Pressing a sequence of gentle kisses on her nose, he whispered teasingly, "What if your man wants to be caught with you?"

She chuckled softly, leaning her chin on his chest as she replied, "My man wants to be caught, but what about my Paaji? What will happen when he finds out about us?"

His eyes widened in horror at the thought, causing her to burst into laughter. "Heere mere veere nu mana fir hoosiyari dikha," she said, her laughter bubbling with affection and amusement.

With a grin, she leaned in to peck his lips affectionately before chuckling and slipping away to her room. As she departed, the warmth of their exchange lingered in the air, a reminder of the love they shared.

He watched her depart, a fond smile gracing his lips. As she prepared for the day, she stood before the mirror, straightening the folds of her clothes and applying her perfume after a bath. A gasp escaped her lips when she felt his arms wrap around her from behind, his nose buried in her neck as he inhaled her fragrance.

As his arms enveloped her, he whispered softly into her ear, "You smell like roses." She swatted his arm lightly and turned to look at him through the mirror, a playful glint in her eyes. "For your information," she said, "that's Zara's men's perfume, and it definitely doesn't smell like roses." Her tone was teasing, with a hint of amusement dancing in her voice.