𝟭𝟭. 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗟𝘂𝗰𝗸𝘆

Chapter 11: Consider Yourself Lucky

Shubman held Nehmat tightly, his breath controlled before replying, "No, Paaji, no idea."

"Okay, and make it quick, we don't want to finish the stadium's water supply today," Virat shouted, chuckling, before entering the stall next to his.

Shubman gently placed Nehmat on the floor, giving her a quick peck on the lips before ushering her out. As Nehmat stepped outside, her eyes widened as she saw Kuldeep with a shocked expression, holding his heart in his hand and pointing towards the door and her. He made a crying face, ready to whine about what he had seen. But before he could do that, Nehmat quickly put a hand over his mouth and pulled him into the locker room.

"Listen, whatever you saw is supposed to stay with you," Nehmat said, pleading with him to keep their encounter a secret.

"Nehmat, what if Paaji finds out?" Kuldeep cried dramatically.

Nehmat sighed, watching his melodramatic display, and whispered, "Nothing will happen, just keep what you saw and the drama to yourself."

Kuldeep nodded, his face still twisted in shock, to which Nehmat scolded him, "Wipe that look off your face, or else the suspicion will spread to those who aren't even involved," she warned firmly.

Kuldeep composed himself, nodding, and then casually exited as if he hadn't seen anything. Nehmat breathed a sigh of relief, but her moment of calm was short-lived as she noticed Virat approaching. She instinctively moved to slip away unnoticed, but a firm hand on her arm stopped her in her tracks.

"Where were you?" he inquired, his tone serious.

"Oh, Paaji, I was on a call," she replied quickly, trying to mask her nervousness.

"But your phone didn't show it was busy," he countered, narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

Nehmat gulped but quickly came up with an excuse. "Oh, Paaji, you know I carry two phones," she said smoothly, hoping he would buy her explanation.

Virat studied her for a moment, his expression unreadable. Nehmat held her breath, hoping he would believe her story. After what felt like an eternity, Virat finally nodded, seemingly satisfied with her response.

"Alright, just make sure to inform someone next time," he said, releasing her arm. Nehmat let out a silent sigh of relief, grateful that she had managed to evade his suspicion.

"Of course, Paaji. Sorry about that," she replied, her voice tinged with gratitude.

Virat gave her a nod before turning to head back towards the team. Nehmat watched him go, her heart still pounding from the close call. She made a mental note to be more careful in the future, realizing just how easily things could spiral out of control.

As she walked away, Nehmat couldn't shake off the feeling of unease. Despite dodging Virat's questions for now, she knew that she would have to be extra vigilant moving forward, lest her secret be uncovered.

-------------------

In the cosy confines of their hotel room, the chances of them getting caught were very rare. They had rooms next to each other with a connecting door, providing them with a sense of privacy. Wrapped in a blanket, they cuddled together, not wanting to venture out but simply revelling in each other's warmth.

As Shubman scrolled through the options of movies on the screen, Nehmat's eyes widened when she spotted a particular movie.

"Stop," she said, gently pulling the remote out of his grasp. "We're watching this," she declared, pressing the play button before getting between his legs and wrapping his arms around her. She leaned in to dim the lights, creating a cosy atmosphere for their movie night.

"Are you serious, Nehmat? A Shinchan movie?" Shubman asked incredulously, glancing at the TV where a cartoon movie meant for five-year-olds was playing.

"So what?" she replied, shrugging and leaning her head on his chest.

"So what? Five-year-olds watch this, not 24-year-olds," he exclaimed, amused by the absurdity of the situation.

"Shh just watch because I love it" she said placing a finger on his lips her eyes on the screen.

"Okay, fine," he said, planting a tender kiss on the top of her head. It was just days ago that he couldn't stand her, and now he found himself unable to resist her or her demands. In just a few days, she had managed to have him wrapped around her fingers.

Nehmat was captivated by the movie in front of her. Shubman glanced at Nehmat, watching her with her mouth slightly agape, which made him smile. He pulled her closer, his hand sliding inside her t-shirt, drawing patterns on her stomach as they both watched the mischievous kid on the TV.

The movie ended, and Nehmat turned around, snaking her arms around his neck. "It was such a good movie," she said, resting her head on his chest. "I could watch Shin-chan movies anyday."

Shubman smiled, feeling a rush of warmth and affection for Nehmat. Holding her close, he whispered, "Me too, Neh. Me too." At that moment, he realized that it didn't matter what they were doing, as long as they were together, every moment was special.

"Hmm, didn't you find it kiddish?" Nehmat teased, narrowing her eyes playfully.

"I did, but hey, the guy's got some serious flirting skills," Shubman chuckled, his laughter causing her heart to swell with love.

"Well, darling," Nehmat said, tracing his jawline with her index finger, "you should learn something from him."

Shubman pulled Nehmat even closer, his lips brushing against her cheeks as he flirted with her. "Who says I don't flirt well?" he whispered teasingly, his breath warm against her skin. "Maybe I just saved my best moves for you."

"You know, your first impression came across as a bit grumpy, so I thought..." Nehmat teased him, her eyes dancing with amusement.

Shubman chuckled, his laughter warm and genuine, before his demeanour shifted, his eyes darkening with desire. He gently turned Nehmat onto the bed, positioning himself above her, his breath hot against her ear as he whispered softly, causing her to blush furiously.

"Well, for starters, I may be grumpy and slow, but I guess someone loves it when things take a fast turn, so aapka hukum sar ankho par," he murmured, peppering her neck with tender kisses.

But Nehmat too had one trick up her sleeve, turning them around. "Well, for starters, I might be annoying, but who tries and puts effort into being with me gets rewarded," she said, kissing him  and with her hand tracing his pelvis, making him groan.

"Consider yourself lucky, darling, you're the first one to witness the wild side of Nehmat Kohli," she said between kisses.

"Then show me how lucky I am," Shubman said, pulling her neck into a deep kiss.