𝟮𝟬. 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗙𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲

Chapter Twenty: Three Feet of Promise

Nehmat smiled as she listened to Vamika and Shubman engage in conversation about random topics. "So, Vamii, what's your favourite cartoon?" Shubman asked, glancing down at Vamika with interest

Vamika's eyes lit up with excitement as she replied, "I love watching 'Doraemon'! He has so many cool gadgets!"

Shubman chuckled, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, 'Doraemon' is pretty awesome. I used to watch it when I was younger too."

Nehmat couldn't help but join in the conversation. "Vamii, do you remember the time we binge-watched 'Doraemon' together during summer vacation?"

Vamika nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, Nini! That was so much fun!"

Shubman chuckled, his eyes twinkling mischievously as he addressed Vamika but indirectly teased Nehmat. "Ohh, I see where you get the cartoon love from," he remarked with a playful grin.

Vamika giggled at Shubman's comment, her eyes darting between him and Nehmat. "Nini always says she's too old for cartoons, but I know she secretly enjoys them too!" she exclaimed with a knowing smile.

Shubman grinned mischievously at Nehmat and said, "You know, Vamika made me binge-watch cartoons on our movie night."

Nehmat blushed and stifled her smile, trying to maintain her composure, as Vamika laughed loudly. "Caught you, Nini! Accept it, you're as childish as a three-year-old," she teased with a playful grin.

Shubman chuckled at the banter between Vamika and Nehmat, enjoying the playful atmosphere. "Looks like we all have our inner child," he remarked, joining in on the light-hearted teasing.

Nehmat rolled her eyes playfully, unable to suppress a smile any longer. "Alright, alright, maybe I do enjoy cartoons more than I let on," she admitted with a playful shrug.

Vamika grinned triumphantly, nudging Nehmat teasingly. "See, I told you there's no shame in it! Cartoons are timeless," she declared with a playful wink.

Shubman chuckled before turning to Nehmat with a curious grin. "So, where are we going?" he asked.

As Nehmat drove through a hotel, she replied, "I've ordered food for Vamii, then we'll go for some street food."

Vamika blew her cheeks out in a pout, looking at Nehmat. "Why can't I have street food with you?" she asked with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

Nehmat parked the car and glanced at Vamika. "If Bhabhi finds out, then I am done," she joked, shaking her head.

As the delivery boy handed Nehmat the packet, she reached for her wallet to pay, but before she could, Shubman had already handed the boy some money. Nehmat let out a whine. "Don't! I will pay for that," she protested, trying to grab the money from Shubman's hand.

"Because you paid for the last date, now I will pay for this one. So shh," Shubman said, placing a finger on Nehmat's lips, causing her to blush. She then gestured towards Vanika, who was sitting blowing her cheeks and looking ahead.

Nehmat chuckled softly at Shubman's playful gesture and nodded in agreement. "Alright, alright, you win this time," she whispered back, her cheeks still tinged with pink. 

As Nehmat started driving to her favourite street food spot in Delhi, she attempted to engage Vamika in conversation, hoping to make her understand. "Vamika, you know, street food isn't really the healthiest option, especially for someone as young as you," Nehmat gently explained, glancing at her through the rearview mirror.