1

*Stalkers POV*

I watched her from a distance as she ran.

Her long dark hair blowing out behind her in the wind. Her cheeks were flushed, her blood pumping faster after the couple of miles she'd just run. Her sports bra matched the black leggings she wore, hugging every curve of her body. Her toned arms and waist uncovered. 

I couldn't help but smile, God, my girl was so beautiful.

I leaned back against the tree, the rough bark makes the slightest noise against my jacket. I knew I would remain unseen here. 

There was a small amount of dew on the grass, the early morning sunlight catching the steam that arose as the air began to warm up. California wasn't my favorite place, the weather hotter then I liked but she made it worth it. The early mornings made it tolerable as well, the brisk cold before the sun fully came out. I wasn't normally out this early but she liked to run around this time, maybe she preferred the mornings here as well.

She came to a stop and caught her breath, waiting for the other girls to catch up. She did this run almost every day alone but today she had her friends with her, one of which didn't stop running and tackled her.

I straightened, my eyes remained on her, worried the slight fall might have hurt her.

"I hate you, you beat my best time by a couple minutes!" her friend laughed as Jennie shoved her off, smiling as she got back off the ground. She brushed the dirt off her hip and leaned over, stretching her sore muscles.

If she thought she was sore now... God the things I had planned for her.

She stood panting, running a hand through her tangled hair as she cooled down. It was cold enough I could see her breathe in the air, the white clouds disappearing as fast as they'd appeared,

Putting hands back into my pockets, I relaxed. The sunlight gave her dark hair a golden glow, bouncing off her skin. She looked like an angel, so delicate and serene, and I couldn't ever bring myself to look away. 

After a couple other girls caught up, they began to jog back down the path, but Jennie waited for a second, telling them she would catch up. She pulled the hair tie off her wrist and pulled her hair into a pony tail, blowing a couple pieces away from her face. She paused as she finished, her hands falling to her side again.

She looked around at the trees and bushes, her eyes darting between openings in the greenery. Her eyes stopping on the foliage I was standing behind.

"I know you're there" her voice broke through the silence, her eyes continuing to search for movement. I smiled to myself but didn't give her a response.

I wanted my girl to see me eventually but not yet.

"Or I'm just crazy and I'm talking to myself" she muttered, shaking her head.

Off in the distance one of her friends called her name and she looked away from where I was hidden, not wanting to be left behind.

As she turned and began to run back the way she had come, the sunlight glistened for a split second on something as it fell from around her neck. 

I waited till she was gone before I stepped out into the clearing, bending down to pick up the object. I knew what it was before it had fallen, the clasp worn out from years of use.

I held the silver necklace with a small music note in my palm, the tarnished metal standing out against my skin.

Smiling, I slipped it into my pocket and walked away.

I would have to fix this and return it to her. Although, she didn't seem to like when I left her gifts, but I knew she would appreciate this one.

I would be seeing my girl soon.