28

Taehyung's POV

Jennie lay in my arms, I could feel each breath she took, watching as her eyelashes fluttering ever so slightly.

she was never leaving me, ever.

Ryder had too much nerve, openly threatening me by attacking the one woman I loved.

I loved her, she made my heart ache, my thoughts would become quite whenever she stepped into a room. She was perfect, the way her body fit against mine, my hand resting on the sultry curve of her waist, her hips moving the smallest amount pushing her ass again me, making me very uncomfortably hard but I wasn't going to wake her up. I needed to think anyway, and seeing as this kept me awake, it was a good excuse.

I moved position slightly until I was sitting up, keeping her body pressed against me.

Ryder wasn't going to let this go, I had to be at the meeting with Reyes or Jennie would get hurt. what were my options? I could not go and Ryder kills Jennie, I could hide her away and not attend but then a hit goes on my head. I could run or I could fight, and I didn't run.I had to protect her, she hadn't seen half of what my world entailed. Ryder used to be more lenient, letting his guys roam around free as long as they got the job done but that wasn't happening anymore. This big deal with Reyes and the knowledge that someone was snitching on them was eating him alive.

This was possibly the worst I had ever seen him, his eyes sunken and dark, constantly flickering over his shoulder, eyeing every exit as if expecting an unwanted visitor. Who was the whistle blower, and who were they reporting to? It couldn't be just the cops, otherwise Ryder would have seen attempts to disrupt his side of the business.

Almost all his deals had gone south, authorities coming in at the last moment to take whoever bought his weapons.

Yeah, I could definitely understand why he was a little unhinged.

It didn't give him any right to touch my woman.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and saw a message from Larx.

Somethings wrong here.

I gritted my teeth, I wasn't leaving her, I couldn't. she was everything I had been working on for three years, I couldn't endanger her.

The first moment I saw her I knew.

She had spoken to me that day but I doubted she remembered.I had been at a coffee shop, sunglasses on, a newspaper going unread yet outstretched in my hands. My eyes were focused on the man in a black Armani suit across the street from me, a very important briefcase in his hand, containing a couple very important codes that I needed very badly. Ryder sat beside me "Taehyung, he knows we are here."

I shook my head, my eyes following the man down the street "he can't, he's never seen either of us, he doesn't know he even has the codes to that storage unit."

I had felt a cold shadow on my back, her figure stopping the sun for a moment from streaming onto me. I had turned in my seat as she walked by, the scent of her freshly washed hair blowing past me. I stood, and put the paper down "hold on" I turned my eyes back to the man "I'll be right back."

I trailed after her, her body moving with such grace, her hips filling out her white sundress perfectly. she was about to open the door to a bakery when she heard her phone ping inside her bag, pausing she had glanced down.

I had grabbed the handle and held the door open, and phone in hand, she had spun around. "oh sorry I didn't see you, thank you." her voice was husky, her eyes wondering over my face, specifically focusing on my muscular arms.

I gave her a smile "its no trouble."

That was all it took. she had flounced through the door, her footsteps fading as I released the door.