24

Taehyung's POV

I held her close to me all night, my gun right beside me, barely closing my eyes.

I hadn't let her know how bad the situation was.

I was almost certain now that Ryder had sold us out but I didn't know why. Something was wrong but it has been more then just that, Larx had been acting on edge since I'd seen him and it wasn't normal.

I lay there beside her until I saw light beginning to creep into the room, and I quietly got out of bed. She needed to sleep and I needed answers.

I walked past Irene who had passed out on the couch and locked the door behind me.

I walked two block to where I had hidden my bike and turned it on, revving the engine slightly.

I took off down the streets, making sure I was taking routes far away from Jennie.

I knew exactly where Ryder would be but I didn't exactly want to be there.

As I got closer to the docks the air began to smell like the ocean, salty and cold, hitting my exposed skin like a knife.I cut the engine and walked around to the side of one of the many warehouses. The door was closed but not locked, although I knew they had other security measures.

I could hear the cameras wiring and they turned on me, following my movements.

I went inside silently, walked past a couple of men standing inside the hallway.

I had come here last night for the first time in a couple years, and Ryder hadn't been pleased.

"I thought I told you to stay away" said a voice, a hint of cynicism creeping through his words.

I turned to face Ryder, my muscles tense, ready to jump at the smallest movement from him.

"How'd it go yesterday" he asked, a smile that didn't quite seem real on his face.

"It went fine" I said, my voice staying emotionless.

"So when they started shooting at you it was part of your plan?" He sneered "don't lie to me Taehyung, those are Reyes's guys, I hear their reports and they aren't about to start a fight with me, but you, they really didn't like you"

I stiffened "I haven't seen them before, they had no reason to fire"He turned away and beckoned me to follow him.

"Someone ratting us out Taehyung, and I don't know who" he spoke harshly but kept his tone quiet "you've been a bit preoccupied so iv pretty much ruled you out but I can never be too sure"

"How do you know" I kept following him till we reached his office, the door unlocking under his fingerprint.

"Our shipments come through late, trackers have been found and the cartel keeps having their operations busted, and each time the guns we supplied have been used, Reyes is pissed"

He said down behind a desk, put his hands together.

"At first I swore it was you but it didn't fit, you had no way of knowing when our boats were coming in"

I glanced around and saw what a wreck this place had become, papers were sprawled everywhere, weapons laying on the floor and writing covered the walls.

"It's someone here!" He said "I know, and if I have to kill them all to find out who I'll do it"

"Who are they reporting to" I asked, casually palming my gun just in case.He shook his head "I don't know, but I'm meeting with someone in about a week and I need everything to go well, that's why you're going to be there"

I raised an eyebrow "how will I help? Can't Larx or Mason do it?"

He shook his head and just for a second I saw a hint of something in his eyes.

Obsession, madness, the feeling of paranoia.

He was losing it.

"You're going to be there to insure everything goes smoothly, you're also not going to turn on me because I know about a certain girl who you favor"

Jennie.

My mind went blank.

He leaned over the desk "she seems very breakable don't you think"

I breathed in a steady breath, trying to control the panic that had welled up. My hands clenched into fists.

"You're not touching her" I stated, he knew I wasn't messing around, but he just showed me a smile.

"Of course not"

We stayed exactly where we still, frozen."Tell me when and where" I said, before turning around and walking out.

How dare he threaten her.

Fuck, this wouldn't end up good for either of us.