A NEW ERA

"Scott, c'mere real quick." Ramirez waved over towards me and I immediately got up.

I took one more glance at Ivory before walking off with the two.

We stopped in the middle of the hallway, "We gon go ahead and get the private plane for tour, Ruby agreed we would split the money.

"Alright let's do it." I dabbed up Ramirez one last time before we all headed over towards Ivory to tell her we goin.

"Bye Ivan." Ivory waved with a smile on her face, she was still higher than the sky.

As we got in the car I questioned her, "You don't get high often do you shawty?" She laughed in response.

——

"Should we wake her up?" I turned to Oddy as we watched the girl sleep.

"Well what we sposed to do? leave her here?" He scoffed, "Well I mean you could carry her." I shrugged.

"Fuck you think I look like man, her mom?" Ruby responded.

"Alright man-" I cut myself off as she lifted her head from the window, staring at us both as we stared back.

"Guess we didn't have to do anything." Ruby immediately stepped out of the car to unlock the door as we both followed.

"You feel better now or what." Ruby wrapped an arm around her shoulders as she rubbed her eyes.

"Definitely." She smiled.

All three of us sat in the living room now as we watched some movie that Oddy had picked, "Yo what the fuck is this shit?" I raised an eyebrow towards him.

"Good Burger man, you've never seen it?" I shook my head, "How the fuck have you never seen Good Burger?"

"I don't know man."

"Everyone's seen it," Oddy turned towards Ivory as he cocked a hand towards her "you've seen it right?" Ivory hesitantly nodded her head as she glanced at me.

"You see! You're just a fuckin weirdo man." Ruby acted as if he'd just won a grammy and Ivory laughed at the whole thing.

I turned back towards the floating burger, "Whateva." I rolled my eyes.

———

It had been atleast a few weeks that I had been staying with the two and lately they had been leaving throughout the day and not saying why, usually they would offer to take me but they haven't lately.

I wasn't mad or anything since I knew they were just letting me stay but I was kind of sad, I couldn't even lie and say that I didn't enjoy the company and friendship that we all had.

I wasn't very close with them but I had spent most of my time with them.

The sound of the front door closing made me snap out of my thoughts.

I took a look at the clock to see that it had read '11:47pm', this is what I was kind of upset about.

They would leave super early in the day and come back extremely late, and since I had no phone or anything to keep me entertained I rotted away watching t.v or laying in my bed as I stared at the ceiling.

I sighed before getting out of bed to go say goodnight.

Ruby looked at me, "You still up, Ivy?"

I pulled an awkward smile as they both looked towards me, "Yup."

"What'd you guys do today?" I rested my head on my hands as I sat down at the table where they ate their food that they had picked up on the way.

"We just hungout with some friends, talked about some stuff." Ruby replied as Scott stayed quiet, I was honestly a bit worried that something was wrong.

"You okay, Scott?" He nodded.

"Okay well, I'm going to bed." I yawned.

"Goodnight Ivory." Ruby sent me a smile as I returned it.

——

"Yo, Ivory!" Ruby called out from somewhere in the house, waking me from my slumber.

"Hold on!" I yelled back adding a please to not seem rude, "Please!"

I sighed as I went to brush my teeth, throwing on a bra before walking out in my pjs.

"What's up?" I asked as I sat on the couch in the living room, both of them sitting in front of me.

"So... me and Scott wanted to talk to you," he turned to Scott "Right?" Scott swallowed, "Yeah." That was the most i've heard from him in a few days.

"Okay..." I questioned.

"Me and Scott got these jobs..." he sighed, "as rappers." I glanced from Ruby to Scott as I sat up.

"We kind of know now after a few years and so now we're going on tour," he paused "and we gotta leave tomorrow."

I looked down a bit, feeling like this was them kicking me out.

"No Ivory," he shook his head as he saw the look in my face "we want you to come with us." he finished and I froze.

"Seriously?" I smiled.

"Seriously." Scott responded with a smile now on his face.

"So start packing, cause you going round the globe baby!" Ruby stood up and gave me a side hug.

It barely clicked, "So that why you call yourself Ruby??" I smiled at him like it was the greatest thing ever.

"Oh you don't even know yet shawty." Scott replied as he laughed too.

——

She looked stoic as we told her the news, Ivory had really grown on me and became as close as I would let her.

Me and Ruby had decided that we wanted to make her stay here official and were just waiting for the right time to do so.

"You ready girl?" I laughed as I walked into her open door, watching her pack just about everything in her drawers to her one of many suitcases we gave her.

She turned to me, "Absolutely," She met my eyes "are you?" I shrugged.

"I'm a lil nervous." she hummed, "Is this your guys' first show?" she tilted her head.

"We did some shows but never as big and long as this one." I sat on the edge of her bed.

"Well I think you guys will do great." She smiled a genuine smile and I returned it, she really was a beautiful human being.

1032 words