WHAT WILL I DO

Everything was moving so fast.

Scott was getting worse and I was now on the phone with the hospital, my mother had been admitted for alcohol poisoning just last night.

Everything was a mess.

I felt so selfish at the moment, all the attention was on me instead of worrying about Scott.

I knew that I shouldn't have even been focusing on my mom after all she's done but after all she is my mother and I still have at least a little love for her.

"Thanks Ari, update me if things get worse." I spoke of Scott.

He waved me off, "Don't worry about it, i'll take care of him."

I gave him a small smile before walking towards the hospital, bracing myself as I was about to be met with the woman that had birthed me, the same woman that I had not seen for years.

I didn't know if I was ready.

As I pushed open the hospital doors, a breeze hitting me from the icy air conditioning, I was met with the smell of cleanliness.

I'm not ready.

As I stood in the elevator side by side, crammed in between at least 8 strangers.

I'm not ready.

As I stepped out of the elevator, I debated turning back around, but stopped when I realized that I couldn't bother Ruby anymore.

I'm ready.

I stood in front of her room, I could see her in the window.

I knew that she couldn't see that I was there, but I was just so scared to see her again, her face making me so upset I didn't even trust myself.

I couldn't even do anything, I just stared at her in anger.

A lady in scrubs walked in, her name was Vicky. She said that my mother was put into a coma and that they couldn't do anything but wait for something to happen.

"Something to happen?" I uncrossed my arms, holding a hand out in confusion.

"You mean like die?" She looked down, almost too ashamed to tell me.

"That is a possibility, we're leaning more towards there. The alcohol from the past years have destroyed her liver and it may take months for a donor with the same blood type, she does not have much time left." she nodded.

I was hit with an unexpected weight on my chest, so heavy that I thought that I would collapse. Like a brick on a pile of sticks, it almost hurt.

I heated up in a panic, my palms sweating as my breathing went shallow. I gasped for air, "Are you okay, hun?" her voice was almost silent as I blocked everything out.

I sat down on the chair behind me, absolutely bawling at the news.

"I'll go get someone." She began to rush out, "No." I breathed out through tears and sniffles.

"Okay." She nodded as she left the room.

It felt like my whole world was falling apart, the woman that I had grown up with was going to die, and I couldn't stop it.