STONED & GROANED

"Hey Ari." I greeted him with a smile as I rubbed my eyes against my sleeve.

Even though it wasn't really the ideal weather for a pullover, I felt the need to wear it. It was straight out of Scott's closet, a 'Stop Staring at the Shadows' hoodie with both of their faces on it, I liked it.

"What's up Ivs?" He asked with a joint in hand, pulling it up to his mouth.

"Weed for breakfast?" I asked as I approached him, taking a seat on the lawn chair in front of the pool.

"I'm trying my lungs, you know?" I snorted, "Pfttt, for what?" I shook my head as I looked up at him.

"You never know what might happen." He shrugged.

"And weed is...helping your lungs? What good will that do them?" I asked as I watched the water glisten with every breeze, getting a whiff of the fresh mary jane that Ari held.

"Don't question it, just accept it." He spoke nonsense, he was such a weirdo. I could see how him and Amelia could've been friends, they were both some interesting spirits.

"Hey Ari?" I asked and he replied with a hum, "What's a girl gotta do to take a hit?" I squinted up at him as the sun reflected into my eyes.

"I don't know, is Scott gonna yell at me?" He asked suspiciously, "I mean he shouldn't? I'm my own person y'know." I clarified.

What would Scott care? I know he's sober but until he voices that he cares if I smoke weed i'll continue to do just that.

"Alright, yung." He handed the blunt off to me as I clapped in excitement, taking it in between my two fingers and inhaling the green.

If smoking was so bad why did it feel so good? I guess I like the things that are bad.

I always enjoyed smoking, ever since I was a teenager. I first started smoking at thirteen, when kids were selling it at school. My mom has always smoked as well, so I figured she probably wouldn't be able to tell if the smell was me or her. Either way I didn't care if she did.

I loved the burn that I got when I took a big hit, or the high that comes from it. The feeling that nothing can stop me, like i'm stuck in a dream yet still flying. Like the walls are swaying from side to side and everything is melting. Or the way I feel so happy and the need to laugh at everything. I used to listen to music when I would first get high, how I could hear every background noise in the song. I loved it. My favorite thing was watching the smoke, how it twists and disappears.

"Look Ari." I blew out the smoke then sucked it back in, "My turn." Aristos smiled ear to ear like a child, inhaling before sucking it in through his nose.

I cringed, "Did that not burn?" he shook his head side to side, "I basically did it too many times I got used to it." he formed his mouth into a line.

——

"I'm just saying, you look really cute." I smiled dumbly at Scott as he held my legs over his lap.

"And i'm just saying that you're extremely high." He laughed, flashing his teeth.

"See, do that again." I pointed at him, he looked at me dumbfounded, "Smile!" I pulled my cheeks up into one but it felt awkwardly uncomfortable.