LIVING THE LIFE OR LIVING A LIE?

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't sad, even my therapist predicted it.

It was weird how fast your emotions could change.

I had just gotten back from a dinner with all three of my friends, which ended sorta weird between Aristos and Amelia but other than that I was happy.

Then we get home and Amelia has a panic attack, I was worried and scared for my best friend when I had just been on a serotonin high.

Then i'm in bed with Scott and i'm relaxed and careless.

And as I was supposed to be the happiest I was curled up next to the boy of my dreams, I wasn't. Instead I had thoughts of the person I somewhat hated replaying over and over.

It was her birthday after all, I was warned.

"What's up with you?" Scott asked as he paused the movie that was on the screen, the same one that I wasn't paying any attention to, too busy watching the one in my head.

"What do you mean?" Oh come on, you know what he means.

"You're just...off." I felt his shoulder move as he shrugged it.

I sighed as I sat up, "I'm just a little... upset." It wasn't an ideal word to describe my feelings but it had to do.

"Why?" He question as he rubbed my hand.

"It's my mom's birthday." I shrugged, pushing my lips into a fine line.

"Are you sad?" I didn't know why he even bothered to ask, everyone knew.

"I mean yeah." I nodded vigorously.

"But you're not really." He said making me question everything.

"What?" I said as I squinted.

"You're sad at the idea of her not being here but you're not really sad at the fact that she really is gone." He explained it perfectly.

I was sad that she couldn't experience this day but really I was glad she wasn't around. Not around to fuck up my life and mental health. It really was a fucked up thing to think and say but at least it was honest.

"Yeah." I looked up to him, wrapping my arms around his torso as I clung into him.

We didn't speak any further as we unpaused the movie.

——

It felt good waking up in his arms, too bad it was cut short when he realized what time it was.

11:24am

Which for Scott was classified as late.

We walked out into the living room, pouring up bowls of cereal as Aristos was already eating one.

"Morning Ari." I yawned as I walked myself to the table.

"Morning." He said watching me, which caused him to yawn.

He was weird, how could one eat without watching any tv? I don't know but not me.