SCOTT

9 YEARS AGO

"Where you goin kid?" I wasn't a kid and it wasn't his business, "Ari's." I responded subtly, not wanting to engage in the conversation at all.

"Try not to stay out too late this time, your mom worries about you." As much as I loved my dad, he needed to get off my ass, I was pissed.

I didn't bother responding as I shut the door, resisting a good slam in a fit of rage. I stormed off to Ari's, usually we wouldn't go to his house since his mom was skeptical and suspicious about me but they were gone on a church trip.

"Yo!" I shouted from the door as my knuckles grazed the holed metal screen covering the wooden door, shit hurt, I don't know what his parents expected anyone to knock on. I rang the doorbell persistently, "Ari!" he was taking his sweet time.

"I'm right here, chill out dude." How he could be so calm remained unsolved, me on the underhand I was the complete opposite, a shit show.

"We're done, forever, that's it." I paced around his living room once he let me in, this motherfucker was so well off even his couches were white.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I didn't tell Ari over phone, just told him I was coming over and didn't turn my phone on again.

"Tori, i'm done with that hoe." Aristos wasn't surprised, not a thing on his body moved.

"You sure this isn't just-" I was too mad to let him dictate, "Yes man, we done." I set it straight.

Before Tori was Sophie, which Aristos had no problem with except for the songs that I had made with her, he said I should've never let her hop on the tracks. Listening back on it he was right, Lil $oph wasn't the best rapper out there. Only reason he did have a problem with her was the fact she said I was cheating after all of it, which he knew wasn't true.

"Shit Scott." I didn't need him to comfort me, he knew I hated that shit anyways.

"Yeah, it's just so fucked up. It's fucking with my head y'know? I fucking hate that bitch, but I just fucked with her so much." I kissed the inside of my cheek as I took a seat on his couch, trying my best to stay calm.

"Well I didn't like her one bit." Aristos murmured under his breath as he leaned over the couch, watching me pop the Xans that I had pulled out of my pocket.

"Tryna share?" He held out his hand in front of me, "Man fuck you stressed out for?" I questioned him.

I knew why we were stressed out though, why we were always stressed out. We were in our late twenty's and still living with our parents, we promised this music shit was gonna take off. Our career had barely begun, sure we were gaining more listeners but it wasn't enough to pay for a whole house. It was only the beginning of the year and we planned on putting out a lot of albums, more than we had ever made before. We were the only ones who weren't doubting us, we knew that eventually we would be out of here and filthy rich. To shine on the motherfuckers who never believed in us, even though we really couldn't give a fuck about the money, we would spend half of it on our supply anyways.

I shook the bottle onto his hand, two long rectangular shaped pills falling onto the palm of his hand, "Life." he replied.

"I don't even know what the fuck to do, I mean i'm not even fucking hurt i'm just... I don't even fucking know!" It angered me, this feeling. I had felt the same with Sophie but it got me so agitated not knowing what it was. Was this heartbreak? No, I didn't care, I don't give a fuck. Yet I did.