NEW CHAINS, SAME SHACKLES

FEBRUARY 14TH 2020

It had been another boring day that had repeated itself, like any other day out of the past year.

My job was never entertaining; dressing in provocative clothing, serving creepy men, getting good tips, then going home and doing it all the next day. Today was especially filled with these things since it was Valentine's day, kind of pathetic that I was doing absolutely nothing today.

Not even the weekends could make up for the lost hours that work constantly stole, all I ever did was stay home with my cat and think about everything that I could've been doing other than laying in bed all day.

Of course there was always some days where I would get invited to hangout with some of my friends but none of it really excited me, I hated getting drunk as I was too paranoid around all of the strangers. I don't know what had changed from the last times I had but there was something that obviously did.

As I scrolled on social media for the past few hours I came across a post on instagram, instantly catching my attention at the mention of $uicideboy$. It had been a while since I had even thought about them, ever since me and Ruby stopped texting because he had gotten too busy with his life and I didn't want to bother him. I had never received any sort of text from Scott but he constantly stayed on my mind, not often but he did the first few months.

'STOP STARING AT THE SHADOWS

NEW $UICIDEBOY$ ALBUM RELEASED TODAY, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?'

I scrolled through the comments for a while until I grew curious of the new music, clicking through youtube until I found the account. Their fan base had definitely grown since the last time that I had saw them, it made me real proud to see how far they had come in the music industry.

As the ending of '...And to Those I Love, Thanks For Sticking Around' played out I had finally realized that I had really sat through the whole album. Their music style had changed in minor ways, nothing too drastic and I liked it.

The sounds of their voices were a lot more clearer than before and they honestly sounded good. I debated texting Ruby up to let him know my thoughts but I figured I wouldn't bug him.

Instead I continued to go down a loophole on the $uicideboy$ and see what everyone had to say. I was stopped when my phone vibrated out of my hands, catching me by surprise.

'Amelia 💕'

None other than my best friend was calling, making me pick the phone back up and answer it.

"Hey, girl!" her joyous voice was heard through the other line.

"Hey, what's up?" I was never a fan of calling, but when I did I would get to the point and make some lame excuse to get off of the phone is they tried to sit around and talk about useless things.

"Well, just wanted to say happy Valentines and let you know that we're going to a party!!" She tried to make her words fast to try and get me to not think about it but I heard loud and clear.

"Really?" I sighed, "And before you say no, Ethan's gonna be there." I could just hear the smirk on her face.

"You think that's gonna change anything?" I smiled at her try.