Chapter 34: Ji Hongtian

Jiang Fugui narrowed his eyes. "There should be one more thing."

Li Gang sweated but still took out the token. "He gifted this Token to me. I thought it was his inheritance to me, since I didn't chose any of his techniques."

Jiang Fugui was surprised. "You mean he only gave this token to you and not any Secret Techniques?"

Li Gang said pitifully. "He saw my low talent, and didn't give me any Secret Techniques, but this token to protect my life. In fact, I also won million spirit stone in the inheritance, and used all of them to fill up this token."

Jiang Fugui looked at the token and nodded. 'This token does have sufficient energy.'

Jiang Fugui looked at Li Gang and replied. "This token is meant for Holy Son of our Sword Gate. Our sect declined after ancestor left. It was attacked by Harmony Fang Sect, but under the previous Sect leader, it has started rising again. But, the safety of Holy Son has faced issues. This token was meant to be a protection to the Holy Son."

He paused and said again. "I can give you a chance. If you can defeat Holy Son within 50 years, you can replace the position of Holy Son and have this token in your possession."

Li Gang looked at Jiang Fugui and asked. "What is the cultivation of Holy son and his age?"

Jiang Fugui replied. "He is son of great elder and his name is Ji Shenlong. He is only 170 years old and has already reached Rank 6 late stage Warrior, and his soul cultivation has reached Rank 6 peak stage. He is also able to defeat enemies at Rank 6 peak stage!"

Li Gang sucked a cold breath. He said. "How about this, you let me have this token for 10 years, and I will defeat the Holy Son in ten years. If I couldn't do that, then you can take it back."

Jiang Fugui looked at him deeply and asked. "What would happen if you escaped with this token?"

Li Gang said. "You have already marked me, and you are still asking what would happen?"

Jiang Fugui looked at him and laughed loudly. "This is the first time I have seen such a daring person. Despite your low talent, your confidence in incredible. Since you know I marked you, then you should also be aware, I can also see what you are doing even if you left to another continent through that mark. Not only that, I can also sense the presence of token, no matter where you hide it."

Li Gang nodded. "I knew it a long time ago."

Jiang Fugui looked at Li Gang deeply and said. "Fine, I will give you this chance. You will be outer disciple of the Sect, and you have to become holy son within 10 years. I don't care how you use this token, but don't try anything funny."

Li Gang smiled. "Okay. But, I wanted to ask, is there a way to improve my Cultivation talent? You already know my talent is low and I don't even have Spiritual Imprint."

Jiang Fugui replied. "Talent is nothing but compatibility between body and soul. There has been an Emperor born long time ago. He was known as Soul Emperor, and was the third Sect Leader of Ethereal Sect. He possessed a unique Spiritual Imprint with attribute of Soul. With the help of his Spiritual Imprint, he made a technique that could improve the compatibility between soul and body. But, one needs to pay heavy price to use this technique. This is a core technique of Ethereal Sect and is not easy to obtain."

Li Gang immediately said. "Have you been there? And how is the relation between Ethereal Sect and Sword Gate?"

Jiang Fugui said. "It seems you want my memory of that location. I can share it with you, but give me one reason why I should help you?"

Li Gang looked at Jiang Fugui deeply and said. "An incomplete Rank 9 Cultivation technique."

Jiang Fugui narrowed his eyes. "Deal."