Chapter 42: Battle with Ji Changchen

Zhang Hao looked at Xin Long and smiled. "Why don't we warm up before starting?"

Xin Long nodded. He took out his sword and directed it towards Zhang Hao. Zhang Hao also did the same.

They rushed towards each other and crossed their swords. The continuous sound of crossing of swords from part of the arena to other part made the whole audience excited.

After crossing swords for over few hundred times, Zhang Hao thought. 'It's time'

He immediately changed the trajectory of his sword, allowing Xin Long's sword to pierce his body. Xin Long was caught off guard by the sudden change. His sword which seemingly pierced Zhang Hao's heart, was in fact just an inch away!

What he didn't expect was that, Zhang Hao didn't just stop there. Instead, he continued moving his sword and pierced his vital points, seriously injuring him. And without waiting for him to calm down, he took out a knife and started piercing different parts of his body without any mercy.

Xin Long only murmured one word before he lost his senses. "Why?"

Zhang Hao replied calmly. "Because you are in my way."

The whole crowd turned silent at his cruelty. But no one said any thing. This is the world of cultivation, this is the life of Warrior. Pain is a part of their life. Everyone is used to this.

Just like last time, Li Gang bowed to the sect leader and requested. "Please heal him. If possible, I hope you can also heal me. It would be beneficial for the next fight."

Su Zun didn't care about Xin Long's situation but he looked at Zhang Hao even more highly.

He first helped both of them heal and then said to everyone. 

"Tomorrow will be the battle of Holy son of Celestial Sect and Zhang Hao."

Ji Changchen smirked at Zhang Hao and killing intent flashed in his eyes. 'I will let you die a terrible death.'

Zhang Hao retreated back to his resting place, where he found Su Zun waiting for him. He looked at him and smiled. "You are earlier than expected."

Su Zun narrowed his eyes. "Oh, why do you think I would come to you?"

Zhang Hao replied calmly. "From my fight with Qin Yuanzhe, it is clear that you were instructing him behind the scenes. In fact, initially I only had suspicion, but after you said those words to me and Qin Yuanzhe's change in demeanor mid fight confirmed it."

Su Zun smiled. "You truly are an incredible talent. I wonder why you came to join Ethereal Sect. Is it to find the method of increasing your talent?"

Zhang Hao's face remained calm. "It's worthy of a monarch. None of them are simple."

Su Zun didn't care. Instead, he asked: "Who sent you?"

Zhang Hao said. "Why must someone send me?"

Su Zun replied. "Because this information is confidential, not many people know about it."

Zhang Hao nodded. "It was Jiang Fugui. He wanted me to steal the scroll."

Su Zun smiled. "It seems even he was fooled by you. Or may be he thought he was controlling you."

Zhang Hao said with disdain. "Is he worthy of controlling me? I let him do it. Even if you hadn't met me, I would have met you sooner or later. Only this opportunity not only saved my time but also destroyed my plan. I wanted to control everything behind the scenes. Anyways, it is also good."

Su Zun nodded. "Yes, it is good. So, let me ask you something. What happened between you and Ji Changchen? He is known as the greatest genius in this world. I don't know what feud he have with you."