Chapter 45: Mission to Tianwu City

Ethereal Sect, Assassin Hall

Ming Chuan was sitting over a top position and many young men were standing in his front. There were 5 men and 2 women. 

He introduced them one by one to Li Gang who was also among them. 

"This one is my eldest disciple, named Xin Feng. He is my successor and will be next head of Assassin Hall."

Xin Feng nodded at Li Gang and smiled. "If you need any help you can tell me!"

Ming Chuan has already introduced about Li Gang. He continued.

"These are Fang Chen, Yuan Guo, Dai Lin, Tang Yan and Tang Yue. These are all my disciples. I wanted you to get along with them. From now on, you will will do missions and learn the essence of Assassination and how to attack stealthily. After training for few years, I will teach you the essence of Archery and how to learn Bow intent and Bow heart, just like your Sword heart."

Xin Feng is a Rank 6 early stage Warrior, while Fang Chen and Yuan Guo are Rank 5 late stage. Dai Lin is Rank 5 mid stage. Tang Yan and Tang Yue belong to the same background and are cousins. Tang Yan is Rank 5 early stage and Tang Yue is Rank 4 peak stage Warrior.

Li Gang nodded. 

"Okay, you can go now. Feng-er, you stay."

One by one, everyone left except Xin Feng. 

Outside

Yuan Guo spoke first. "Let's go and look at missions."

Li Gang nodded. The team of five went together. But the environment was kind of weird, may be because they were all assassins, they didn't speak too much and look like introverts.

Li Gang felt much better, because he also likes such environment where no one disturbs his training. 

Soon, they reached the Mission Hall. There were many missions present on a large board hung over there. After taking these missions, they have to register before they can go for it. 

Yuan Guo looked at missions, and finally selected one of them. 

"Assassinate the young master of Qin family, Qin Yuanlong.

Details about Qin Yuanlong: Young master of Qin family
Age: 44 years
Cultivation: Rank 5 mid stage Warrior
Soul Cultivation: Rank 5 late stage
Weapon: Proficient in Spear."

He shared the mission to everyone.

Tang Yue read it and said. "It would be difficult. Ancient Qin family is no joke. You know that there is a Rank 6 present in the Qin family, don't you?"

Dai Lin also replied calmly. "We are assassins, we don't fear kings. Even if we die, we must complete our missions."

Li Gang looked at Dai Lin and had only one thought in his mind. 'madman!'

Yuan Guo said deeply. "We had been fighting like this since the beginning and this is the only way to get stronger. Yue-er, you are youngest among us along with Yan-er. You should focus on gaining experience from these life and death missions."

Li Gang took a deep breath and suddenly asked in a low voice. "Are you people the only disciples Hall master took?"

They were caught off guard at the sudden question. Fang Chen who was most senior among them said deeply. "This is our way to increase our skills. Even though you are young, you shouldn't question our methods."

Li Gang stared at Fang Chen and didn't speak anymore. His earlier words had a hidden meaning. He asked if they were the only disciples hall master took, which means he was indirectly querying if Hall master had other disciples who are no longer alive, since he already stated these were the only disciples he had. What Li Gang truly wanted to know is if all the disciples in Assassin Hall are like this despite loosing lives on missions!