Chapter 61: Burden of Regret

Fifteen Years Later

22nd March, 15th Year of Great Emperor Era

The war between the Golden Crow Kingdom and the Wu Dynasty has come to a halt due to public unrest. It was already a situation where both factions couldn't afford a war, and on top of that, the public started various protests. In a war, it is always the civilians who suffer the most. Therefore, at this time, they had to do something, or they would be throwing away their lives once the war started!

The entire Divine Spirit World is currently going through a peaceful period. No one knows how long this peaceful period will last or if it is just a calm before an upcoming storm.

Eastern Continent

The Eastern Continent has only one great power: the Heavenly Dragon Sect.

It is said that it was once called the Heavenly Soul Sect, founded by the Renascence Soul Emperor. There have been only four Emperors who existed in this world, and the Renascence Soul Emperor was one who chose the path of the soul. His understanding of the soul surpassed all other Emperors, to the point that he could resurrect himself even if his soul dissipated!However, the Heavenly Soul Sect faced its demise over time, and later on, a new power emerged and took over the Heavenly Soul Sect. It renamed the Heavenly Soul Sect to the Heavenly Dragon Sect.

The Heavenly Dragon Sect is ruled by the Long family. It is said that they possess the bloodline of dragons. Dragons and phoenixes are divine beasts that exist outside the realm of the Divine Spirit World.

The geographical structure of the Eastern Continent comprises a huge plateau in the southern part, a small desert in the eastern part, and various connected rivers that come from the northern part and branch out through the whole continent, while entering the sea in the eastern, western, and southern parts.

The western part once had a huge inheritance. However, it was destroyed in the last catastrophe, causing a large amount of damage. A large part of the western region has now converted to ruins and no life is seen here anymore. Humans, as well as beasts, have migrated from this place.

The Heavenly Dragon Sect is situated in the northwestern part of the Eastern Continent. Since it was initially made by the Renascence Soul Emperor, it was grand and imposing. Every single building looks majestic and the protection formation is so strong that even a monarch can't do anything about it. It has been over one hundred thousand years since the Heavenly Dragon Sect was established, but its influence has never been challenged!

Heavenly Dragon Sect

Two old men were sitting near a very beautiful place. Beside them was a tall mountain, from where a waterfall came down, merging with a small spring. A river from the spring flows ahead. The trees and the sound of chirping birds were very beautiful and create peace in one's mind.

Long Tianchan asked, "Sect Master, how is the little girl's cultivation?"

Long Tianfeng smiled. "She is good. Even though her cultivation is progressing slower than those top geniuses, her Spiritual Imprint is special!"

Long Tianfeng is the sect master of the Heavenly Dragon Sect and Long Tianchan is the first elder. They both are brothers, born to different mothers. They are on very good terms and understand each other very well. Together, they can even fight and repel Rank 8 peak warriors. Both of them are Rank 8 mid-stage warriors. The Eastern Continent has four Rank 8 warriors, and each of them belongs to the Heavenly Dragon Sect.

Long Tianchan sighed. "I have never seen such a Spiritual Imprint. It has two phases of manifestation. In the first stage, it allows one to have a calm mind with incredible thinking speed, and as for the second stage..."