Chapter 37: Benefits and danger hand in hand

4 months later

25th January, Year 42023 of Elemental Era

Lin Fan was hiding within a certain cave. He cursed. 'That bastard Yan Fei. He really ordered all the disciples to target me!'

Lin Fan has been chased brutally in the last 4 months. Not only that, the woman he saved at the beginning, Li Meiying, also betrayed him at the most crucial moment giving a fatal blow to him. Lin Fan at this time is completely cornered, he also used up his Soul Powers, and is now powerless.

Other than few, especially those Rank 4s, nearly everyone has been targeting Lin Fan. He is currently healing himself. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

At a certain location, a young man opened his eyes at this time.

'Finally Rank 4 early stage.'

Li Gang has been practicing Divine Serenity Technique and Arcane Soul Fusion Method continuously these days, every minute and every second. He even reduced his rest time for this.

Li Gang sighed. 'Now I can no longer improve, unless I enhance my Soul Power with some external method or find a way to increase my talent.'

He thought of something and his eyes turned sharp. "It's about time. The seed I have planted should have grown sufficiently. Now, I can harvest it."

He immediately changed his disguise and left the place. 

Soon he found a familiar young looking man. The young man looks seriously injured, and there were even companions near him. He immediately moved towards him and said. "Brother Ming! What happened?"

Ming Zhen is a Rank 3 peak stage Warrior. He looked at Li Gang and said. "Brother Li. He is too strong!"

Li Gang was surprised and asked. "Who? Lin Fan? Isn't he Rank 2?"

Ming Zhen shook his head and replied. "No, He is already Rank 3 peak stage. Even when we encircled him with 30 Warriors of Rank 3, he entered some extreme form and enhanced his strength multiple times. I felt it was more like a Soul Power, because it shook our Soul and some even suffered soul injury!"

Li Gang laughed inwardly but still maintained his composure on the outside. He looked at him deeply and asked. "Do you know where is he now?"

Ming Zhen took out the token and showed the area. He said. "He fled in this direction, when we encircled him. It's been 5 days now."

Li Gang nodded. "Don't worry, your contribution won't go to waste, I will definitely tell Senior brother Yan Fei about your deeds."

Ming Zhen immediately rejoiced. "Thank you brother."

It turns out, in the name of Yan Fei, Li Gang has already asked many Warriors to target Lin Fan. He was sure they can't kill him. A person who was Immortal won't die so easily. Even though he couldn't convince all of them, he was still able to convince at least 60 Warriors.

He asked for many other details and then went to the directed direction and thought. 'I am still not sure what trump card he possesses. But, now it is the only chance I will get.'

Li Gang reverted back his disguise and entered deep into the forest. 

He soon went at the top of a large tree and used his Wind-Thunder Eagle eye to look at different directions. 

His soul power has reverted back to Rank 4 early stage, but it's foundation has been solidified. It is so strong that it can rival an ordinary Rank 4 peak stage.