Chapter 63: The Exchange by the Lake

Golden Crow Kingdom, Northern Continent

Amidst the surrounding mountains and green forests, there lay a small lake. A beautiful young woman and an ordinary-looking man were sitting together at the shore of the lake.

Li Gang glanced at the beautiful scenery in front of him and felt peaceful.

It was Jin Huang who spoke first. "Why did you come to me?"

Li Gang asked in return, "Why do you ask when you already know?"

Jin Huang chuckled softly. It was an odd situation—they both understood each other's thoughts completely, yet they danced around them as if testing the waters.

Jin Huang smiled. "I just want to hear it from you."

Li Gang said, "I never thought the great Phoenix of the North would be so talkative."

Jin Huang ignored his words. Her face turned serious. "Why do you want to go against Golden Crow?"

Li Gang smiled. "It's not about opposing them. It's about starting something greater—my journey to becoming the ultimate ruler. The world will be mine, and it begins here, with the Northern Continent."

Jin Huang looked at him calmly. "You don't truly want to rule, do you?"

Li Gang stared at her deeply, he went silent for the first time as if considering something important.

Jin Huang asked, "Is it really your dream to be an absolute ruler?"

Li Gang replied calmly, "Yes."

Jin Huang narrowed her eyes. "Why this goal? There are other paths—immortality, transcendence. Why choose this one?"

Li Gang glanced at her and said calmly, "I hate losing, and I want to achieve the greatest heights."

Jin Huang stood up. "You're lying. There's no real passion or conviction in what you say. This goal you claim—it doesn't drive you."

Li Gang sighed, his thoughts were messy and filled with dilemmas. "I don't know... Talking to you feels like a blessing. I want to rule, to dominate, but for some reason, I can't muster the enthusiasm. I've been facing this dilemma for decades. Although I never let it affect my determination, it's always there. I can't find peace."

Jin Huang glanced at Li Gang deeply, her thoughts unreadable. She replied calmly, "I see. I understand now."

Li Gang looked surprised. "If you understand, can you explain it to me?"

Jin Huang refused straightforwardly. "No, I won't."

She immediately changed the topic. "Tell me, what is the reason you came here?"

He said, "In the future, there will be a great war. I will be the cause of that war."

Jin Huang's eyes narrowed.

Li Gang continued, "When someone becomes obsessed with the outcome, it affects their actions. I put in the effort, but I don't cling to the hope of success. If I did, it would only weaken my resolve."

Jin Huang smiled and sat back. "It appears I was wrong. You are indeed worthy. To think you have such a motive, but why should I help you?"

Li Gang glanced at her and said casually, "I am just speaking casually. Why do you think I am asking for help?"

She chuckled, ignoring his words. "Why did you think I would be the person who could help you?"

Li Gang smiled. "Why?"

He paused, then continued, "Your spiritual imprint is special. I don't know what it is, but my intuition tells me it is."

Jin Huang's eyes widened, and a special smile appeared on her face. She instinctively said, "Impressive."