Chapter 2: Awakening Ceremony (Part 1)

10 years later, Azure Mountain

1st April, Year 42014 of Elemental Era

There is a large number of crowd gathered surrounding a majestic pavilion from all over the Azure Mountain. Celestial Soul Pavilion, standing atop Azure Mountain between Mountainview Village and Tranquil Vale Village. Once every five years, its ancient door opens for one day, allowing the younger generations to awaken their hidden potential. As bell chimes, the air vibrates with ancestral energy, stirring the spirits of those surrounding it. Those between 10-15 years old are sent to the pavilion awaken their Soul Imprint, starting their journey to cultivation.

Li Minghui is standing with Wang Jinlong near the gate of the pavilion. Li Gang and Li Yuxuan are standing behind Li Minghui, while a 12 year old boy, a 10 year old and a 13 year old girl is standing behind Wang Jinlong. These were Wang Haoran, Wang Xiaoyan, Wang Xueyao.

At the door, a middle aged man is standing. With a sturdy frame and strong muscles honed through years of labor, he exuded an aura of strength and resilience. His weathered face has traces of countless battles, yet his eyes sparkled with wisdom and determination. His name is Zhang Fengwei, rank 6 Warrior, from "Heaven's Hand sect". Heaven's Hand Sect is a well known sect in Southern Continent. They claim that they are Messengers of God.

Zhang Fengwei looked at the countless youngsters who came here for awakening ceremony and nodded. Then his eyes fell on two youngsters: a boy and a girl, and his eyes narrowed. These were Li Minghui's son Li Yuxong and Wang Jinlong's eldest daughter Wang Xueyao.

Li Yuxong is 10 years old now, and his temperament shows his righteousness and valour. He possess unwavering resolve, with honor and integrity engraved in the depth of his heart. His face shows maturity beyond someone like 10 years old, and at the same time childishness is visible in his eyes as he looked at everything with curiosity.

Wang Xueyao looks ethereal at a first glance. Her black hair falls to the waist. Anyone looking at her introverted face have only one wish, to protect such innocent beauty. Beside her, a little cute girl is standing scanning the crowd with her curiosity filled eyes and querying her elder brother from time to time. Wang Haoran patiently answers to everything Wang Xiaoyan asks with a look, full of confidence and adoration to his little sister.

Li Gang has also grown up a lot, with long black hair flowing down to his shoulders, and better than average face, which can be ignored at the first look. He is looking everything happening, he could feel the extra-ordinary strength of Zhang Fengwei with just one look. He could see those scars represent his experience in battles, and the eyes which scans surrounding youngsters, filled with wisdom. He also noticed the slight change in his demeanour when he looked towards Li Xuyong. 

In last 10 years, Li Gang remain isolated, only speaking to his mother once in a while, and training silently, sometimes playing game of go chess, sometimes learning different languages, sometimes watching people's expression when they talk something or do various activities, and judging their behaviours. Li Gang became aware of human emotions, more than anyone could imagine. He has never been idle, mainly because of how isolated he became. Initially, he wanted to gain attention of his father, but after trying hard, training more than anyone else for entire 2 years, he realised that it was useless. He gave up, he was exhausted. He also had no friends, since his mental age was over 30 and he couldn't get childish with those of his age. Other than his mother, and sometimes his brother, he was alone. His presence nearly faded from the Li Mansion. 

Gradually, his personality changed. He used to be cheerful person in his previous life, but after being isolated for 12 years, he became indifferent to many things. In last 8 years, he lived a very disciplined life. Going for sleep few hours before midnight, and waking up at dawn. After cleaning himself, he would immediately go to woods to practice. Spiritual Imprint only helps in increasing cultivation speed, even without it, one can cultivate. Though it would be slower.