Even when I'm sleeping

Season 7

Season 7

It's pouring.

She can hear thunder, but oddly enough it didn't bother her. Not even the rain that began to soak her clothes, her hair, and gliding down her exposed skin as the wind caused goosebumps to appear. Her jaw clenched to avoid letting her teeth clatter as she stared down at the dirt of where other marked graves rested. Patchy and hideous was his grave sight. She wasn't even there when they buried his belongings, because his body had been left behind in Tomura's camp.

Rain slid from her hairline, coming down from between her nose bridge and eyes before seeping through the cracks of her lips. All she could do was stand outside with her eyes on Hanta's grave. Besides his, was Shota's emptied grave.

"–F/n?" Thunder mixed into the honey filled voice. Izuku clung onto his sweater to keep himself warm, the hoodie on his head did little help as he could feel the water soak it, "Is this where you've been all day...?"

He wished she would have turned around or at least said something to him instead of keeping silent. Since she's been back, she had been running off to who knows where and had him thinking she was finally going to desert him. His friend died, but so did his teacher and his mentor. His mentor who he deserved to see grow old and take care of him like no any son would do, but atlas, he would never get the chance to do so.

It wasn't fair. Of course it wasn't. And while Izuku could continue to cry and pretend everything's fine, he needed someone to be there for him. Just like she needed someone to be there for her, "F/n...can you please..talk to me?"

When thunder hit, it caused him to flinch as the sound was very loud. A breath exited his lips and he looked at the girl who finally turned around. Her lips pressed firmly together and she could see the heavy eyebags the freckle male adorned, "It's cold, you shouldn't be out here."

He took a couple steps towards her, his hands in his pockets as he never once looked away from her e/c eyes, "Then can we..go home?"

She blinked, "I have something to do in a bit."

"Mr. Nezu called off work." He said, shivers crawling on his back as a gust of wind flew back, "It's cold and you might catch a cold."

"I'll meet you there." She began to look the other way, but he stepped closer to her and held her hand. "Please, F/n. You'll catch a cold and if it's severe we won't have anything to treat that. You'll get worse and you'll be bedridden a-and if something hap-happens to you then I won't know what to do an-and Kacchan took off s-so yo-you'll d-d-you'l-"

Her brows knitted as she faced him. He stared at her, eyes brimming in tears and she didn't know if it was the cold that made his nose red. But one thing she did know, was when the first drop of tear dropped, it hurt her immensely. Even with her clothes drenched she pulled him towards her, wrapping her arms around his frame and resting her chin on top of his hoodie that was now soaked. A muffle choke sob could be heard coming from the male as a soft sigh left her lips. The corner of her eyes began to collect tears that mixed with the rain, "..I'm sorry, Izuku."

Her lips quivered, "I forgot...that you lost someone too."

His hands clung onto her jacket, eyes squinting as he tried to hold in his tears, "Mr. Nezu said...that Mr. Ya-Yagi died from blood loss an-and that Mr. Aizawa was shot. They're keeping S-Shoto, until they don't want to."

She closed her eyes tightly, hands gripping on his clothes. "D-Death happens and we have to...move on. It'll hu-hurt and it will take time, b-but we will always remember them...because we-we have to."

She bit her tongue, feeling the warmth of her blood go down her throat as she looked up to the rain sky to stop the flow of tears. She was tired. So tired. All she wanted was to go home. Go to her farmhouse where her mother was in the kitchen, her sister was in the living room, and where she waited for her father to train her. To go back home and wait for the weekend where Hanta would stay over and the two gossip about how silly his friends were.

All she wanted was to be at home.

Around midday, she turned to lay on her back draping a hand over her eyes as a headache formed. After having gone home, showered and dressed in warm clothing she collapsed on her bed. A second of closing her eyes and she had drifted off into slumber, with Izuku right next to her. He was still asleep and she was extremely warm with his body heat bouncing right off him. Instead of waking him, she let him sleep, turning to her side once more and stare at his peaceful face.

Her blankets had been pulled to his neck, allowing for his face to be in full view. She tried not to, but she couldn't resist as she let her hand rest on his soft warm cheeks, her thumb tracing underneath his eyelids where his eyebags rested. Her fingers nestled in his locks and god was he soft. Like a blanket fresh out of the dryer and wrapping yourself in it to let the warmth take over you. That's what Izuku felt like and she let her thumb glide on his eyelashes, but the contact had him stir in his sleep and unfortunately, she pulled back.

A quiet sigh released from her. Her eyes admired his features until she closed them. Moving in closer, she lifted her blanket to cover her face, her forehead touched his fingers that rested underneath his chin. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.