Bitter tenderness

Season 7

Season 7

After Nezu walked them to Nejire and Mirio he left to resume his work that only the council team knew, letting the two other friends guide the four to a home in the middle of the community. Like every other home, the one they were staying at was a two story with a front porch. Luckily, furniture was included. They would only need to gather supplies from the work stations.

"This is where you're staying." Mirio opened the door, letting the four inside before he and Nejire entered, "It's got four bedrooms, a master with a bathroom, a bathroom downstairs, kitchen and living room. You also have a washer and dryer, so pretty neat. Right guys?"

"And if you need laundry soap, the shop next to Mei's will have some." Nejiro then grabbed the keys from Mirio and handed it to Izuku, "And if you need anything, feel free to ask! We're all a family now!"

"Thanks." Izuku smiled as he held the keys, waving goodbye at Mirio and Nejire who returned the gesture before leaving the four. It was spacious, but they weren't sure why a TV was still included if there was no signal.

"So, who's taking the master bedroom?" Shoto asked as they looked at the room. The queen size bed did look comfortable.

"I am!" Katsuki said as he jumped on it, "You three losers can take the other small ass rooms."

"Alright." Izuku chuckled as he moved to the room next door. The bed wasn't as big, but the full size will do. After removing his bag he looked around and couldn't realize that he finally made it. Not just him, but his friends as well. It all felt like a dream and it still does, but to even be here in a room with a roof over their heads, people walking around without a care in the world sounded too good to be true. But he didn't care, because he was going to live for it—they all were for however long they needed.

That also reminded him of another issue. While he can hear Katsuki and Shoto leave the home, he had to talk to the girl that came before F/n. While their relationship wasn't set in stone it felt wrong to think about them considering that over the months of being with F/n, there was something he felt for her. He couldn't deny it and he only suppressed it because they had to keep safe, but now, he hoped that he could do something about it.

Sitting on the stairs of the porch, bag to her side, she watched as a couple happily talked with a grin so big that she wondered if their cheeks hurt. The sight caused her to let out a sigh and rest her head in her hands as she stared down at her lap. Her feelings were everywhere and while she should take a shower to get rid of them, she decided to wallow in them because truthfully, the longer she did it would make things easier for her to leave.

This was it. This is where she leaves. There was no need for her to stay as she got her answer. Hanta? Nowhere. This whole time instead of making her way here she should have gone back to her farm and searched for him there. Her father could even be alive and despite viewing him dead, he was right, she felt nothing for him. Him being dead would be like closing the chapter in her book and finally starting new.