Shoto: Everything you would be will be gone

Season 3: Two months after the outbreak

In a sanctuary held in Rhote, Shoto wondered what his friends were up to, or if they were even alive at this point. He didn't get the chance to say goodbye to his friends as he was suddenly escorted off the premises of U.A. by security guards. He knew by the look on their faces that his father had something to do with it, but he did not know to what extent.

When he arrived at the limousine, he felt on edge to see his entire family inside, even his mother. Something deeply disturbing had to have been going on if she had to be pulled from the mental institution. Nothing was shared as they were driven out of Musutafu, then to Rhote. Shoto could only stare out the window, watching as people walked by and skyscrapers passed by.

The buildings then disappeared and so did eventually any other buildings, only a set of woods surrounding them. He moved in closer, eyes noticing a gate with armed soldiers and that was nothing to ignore, but his attention was drifted to Touya who discreetly kicked his shin. The older sibling shook his head, eyes glued on his father.

Following his brother's direction, he stared down at his shoes, until the vehicle stopped moving and they were ushered to exit the vehicle. He noticed that their own butler headed for the trunk, removing luggages.

When they were escorted to their own room and the doors shutted behind them, then did Enji speak. The reason for no devices being allowed and why people of high status were around was because of an outbreak that could wipe out humanity. Was it a joke? That's what Shoto wanted to think. A terrible joke, but it wasn't and reality finally set in when he heard his mother cry.

He could hear Natsuo argue, but that's all he could hear as his widened eyes did not lessen when he realized that this was it. There was no returning to school. There was no going to college. There was no seeing his friend. But, most importantly, there was no life after this.

Enji's tone did not calm any of them down. Surely he had to do something about it if he was informed, right? He was at the top of the food chain, his opinion mattered so why the hell isn't he doing something about it? Did he honestly think that this would blow over like it did every time the government decided to screw them over? This was people's lives they were playing with and sure, Enji did not say it was on purpose, but if the facility was able to make it so surely they could contain it.

Right?

And that's where he stood now. Eyes looking out of a room that his eldest brother, Touya, showed him. He watched as an armed soldier played with a rotter, the first Shoto had ever seen. Its cloudless eyes, mouth gaping with flesh in between its teeth and its ripped skin was a nightmare to look at. After a while the soldier finally killed it and after looking around, another one exited the fence to drag the body away.

Hearing footsteps out the room, he crouched down, waiting for it to disappear. He wasn't supposed to be in the room, but he followed his raven-haired brother after growing bored. The room contained supplies, but he also liked coming in here as a radio with a stack of CD's was placed inside.