Chapter Thirty

Larry

This entire weekend there hasn't been a minute that Jasmine hasn't had eyes on her. The cameras in the house followed her every move when the guards or myself wasn't able to. Laurent and Alexandria return today and I'm still debating on if I should tell him about Jasmine calling out. As I'm walking into the garden, I hear talking, but it's barely audible, so more like whispering.  Turning the corner I see Jasmine on the phone.

Me-Who are you talking to?

Quickly she turns around and places the phone in her back pocket.

Me-Is that LO?

Jasmine-No, I was checking on my sister.

Me-All of a sudden? You haven't checked on her all weekend. Why on the day she gets back?

Jasmine-How would you know?

Me-Doesn't matter.. you can leave the phone on that table.

She rolled her eyes, sat the phone down and left. I grab the phone and take it to my office. I really hope she isn't planning something that will have her regret every second that she's spent with us.

Laurent                                                         3 hours later

Alexandria and I have made it home and all I want to do now is lay in bed. I checked the house, no one's in here so I'm assuming that everyone has gone for the day. As I was exiting to go back to Alexandria, I was stopped by my mother.

Mrs. Bourgeois- You're back.

Me- I am..

Mrs. Bourgeois-Did you enjoy?

Me-We did.

Mrs. Bourgeois-...son, can you stop being dry with me and actually have a conversation with me.

Me-Are we not having a conversation at this moment?

Mrs. Bourgeois-You're acting like I can't talk to you.

Me-De quoi avez-vous exactement à parler ? Tu veux me dire à quel point tu n'aimes pas Alexandrie ? À quel point tu me détestes pour avoir tué papa ? Ou à quel point tu aurais aimé que je sois comme Larry en grandissant ? Lequel? (What exactly is there for you to talk about? You want to tell me how much you dislike Alexandria? How much you hate me for killing dad? Or how bad you wish I could've been like Larry growing up? Which one?)

Mrs. Bourgeois-Rien de tout cela... Je ne peux pas vouloir avoir une conversation régulière avec mon fils ? Tu refuses de faire ça et tu ne m'as même pas dit que tu partais hors de la ville, j'ai dû apprendre de ton frère. (None of those... I can't want to have a regular conversation with my son? You refuse to do that and you didn't even tell me that you were going out of town, I had to learn from your brother.)

Me-Eh bien, tu vas continuer à apprendre tout ce qui me concerne grâce à lui. (Well you're going to keep learning anything dealing with me through him.)

I leave out the house and take a deep breath. My mother is on the list of my least favorite people. Honestly, I can't keep trying with her. After leaving the house I make it back to Alexandria's and before I go into the room I fix my appearance so she doesn't see how annoyed I am. As I was about to open the door it came open and Jasmine walked out.

Jasmine-LO..Hello.

Me-Is Alexandria in there?

Jasmine-Um yes.. she just got in the shower.

I walk into the room, close the door behind me and go into the bathroom.

Alexandria-Hey baby.. you ok?