Both of them (Start of Mockingjay part 2)

I stood still looking through the one-way window

I stood still looking through the one-way window. Katniss came in not long after I got there so that's when I knew they were getting ready to send Prim in. There was a buzzing noise and the door opened to let Prim into Peeta's room.

She walked in slowly and looked at the window even though she couldn't see us through it. "Hey." She said to Peeta softly. "Prim." He responded. It was hard to tell if he was confused or surprised. My guess is a bit of both.

Prim sat on the edge of the bed. "How you feelin'?" She asked. Haymitch said she was too close, but I ignored him. I was focused on what was going on in the other room. "How did you get here?" Peeta asked Prim confused.

"We live in district 13 now. It's a real place. Stories are true. You were rescued." "My family hasn't come to see me." I felt bad for him at that moment. No one had told him. Of course they didn't. Why would they? He almost killed Katniss. It would have been too much for him.

"There was an attack on 12." "Yes." "My family?" "The bakery didn't survive." I noticed his breath become shaky like he was going to cry. I didn't blame him. But then his expression changed. Like he was angry.

"It's Katniss. It's because of Katniss." It wasn't because of her." "She tell you to say that?" "She didn't tell me anything." "She's a liar Prim. It's a trick." "Peeta what you're saying isn't real." I saw his expression change again. He looked hurt. Like he felt betrayed.

"She sent you here to talk to me. She knows you're here now." "It's ok." "She knows... You can't trust her!" Prim stood up from the bed quickly as he started to yell. Now I felt bad for Prim. She shouldn't have to see that.

"She's a monster! She's a mutt that the capitol created to destroy us! Do you understand me? You have to kill her Prim! You have to kill her! She's a mutt!" He kept yelling as they pulled Prim out of the room. This wasn't him. This wasn't Peeta.

Katniss left the room shortly after Prim was out of Peeta's sight. Instead of leaving I stayed. I couldn't leave. I didn't even know why I couldn't leave. I just couldn't. I stayed for a few minutes just watching him calm down. When he was completely calm, I turned to leave but Boggs stopped me.

I didn't even realize that he was still there. "Stay for a minute." He spoke. I nodded and turned back to the window. The buzzer went off again and the door opened. Cason walked in. Why was he there? I turned around to look at Boggs. "What is he doing? Why is he in there?" "He knew more about what happened than anyone we asked. We're just seeing how Peeta will react."

I turned back to the window. I watched Cason walk in exactly like Prim did. It looked awkward. Like Cason was uncomfortable. Maybe he saw what had happened with Prim. I didn't want him in there but what could I do? They wouldn't listen to me.

"Cason." Peeta said quietly. This time I could tell he was surprised. I was surprised he didn't look angry to see Cason, especially after his outburst. "Hey Peeta." Cason responded to him. "Are you with Katniss now too?" Peeta questioned. "I haven't even met Katniss yet." Peeta nodded at his response.

"Is Kora here too?" Peeta asked. "Yeah." Cason responded. For the rest of the time Cason was in there they talked with each other. Peeta asked most of the questions and Cason gladly answered them. I wondered how they had such a great bond already. They got along great and as soon as the conversation really started, I could tell none of it was awkward anymore.

I had never seen Cason get along with anyone so well. Not even with Lilly and me. I was happy for him. For both of them.

A/N: Really bad chapter but we didn't really know what else to write so this is the best we could do. But anyways we hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!

 But anyways we hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!

⬆️New main gif!