Get To Know

"Why me of all people? Why not Finnick?" I sat in one of the chairs in Coin's office. She sat in front of me with that stupid grin she always had. "Finnick doesn't know him like you do." "I don't even know him that well. What would we even talk about?"

"Anything really. Try to bring back some of his memories if you can. Ask him about his family." The thought of seeing Peeta and actually talking to him had crossed my mind multiple times but i never wanted to act on it. I felt like it would be awkward, and I wasn't sure if I would have anything to talk to him about.

"Just do this once. Just to see how it goes. If it doesn't go well, which is unlikely, then I won't make you go in again." I thought about it for a moment. It couldn't go too wrong, could it? He's strapped to a bed so he can't hurt anyone. The worst thing that could happen is we sit in silence for a long time, or he starts yelling at me.

But every time Cason goes in Peeta asks about me at least once. It's worth a shot. "Sure. I'll try. But if it doesn't go well then, I'm not trying again." "I don't expect you to." I stood up from my seat and thanked Coin before walking out with a guard and heading to Peeta's room.

We got to his room and i took one last breath before the buzzer went off and i opened the door. The first thing i noticed was how much better he looked. I hadn't seen him through the window in a while so i wasn't too sure what he looked like until now.

"Kora." He says surprised to see me. "Hi Peeta." I walked closer to his bed sitting on the edge. "Haymitch showed me the footage of Katniss." Right. Katniss. She got shot in district 2 after I left. "Haymitch comes to see you?" I tried to turn the conversation away from Katniss. I didn't want him to get upset.

"The only reason he comes in is to convince me to not hate Katniss." He looked annoyed now. "We don't have to talk about her." I say. He gives me a half smile and nods. For the next hour I sat on the edge of his bed talking to him, answering questions he had, and listening to him talk.

And that is what would happen every day from then on. Every afternoon for at least an hour we would sit there talking and getting to know each other. We would rant about things in 13 that would make us mad, and we'd make fun of Haymitch for a lot of things. It was like I was his comfort person, and he was mine. 

A/N: Heyy! Just a cute short chapter to build their bond a bit. Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!