Surprise Guest

⬆️The watermark 😭

⬆️The watermark 😭

We walked through the ruins of the capitol. The holo beeped signaling that there was a pod. "Got a pod. Let's take cover." Boggs ordered. I stayed next to Finnick as everyone got behind a structure and watched as Katniss shot her arrow through two buildings.

The arrow triggered a pod making fire blast from the buildings. There was an explosion and a car came flying out of the flames. After a few more seconds the fire stopped. We stood up when Boggs said it was all clear.

-

We sat in a destroyed building. I sat with Finnick as we ate our food. My head turned when i heard a vehicle approaching. Everyone else heard it too. A lot of us stood up and one of the soldiers spoke. "Is that peacekeepers?"

Katniss grabbed her bow and i grabbed my trident just in case. Jackson told us to stand down after she got a response from her radio. We went outside anyway just to see what it was. I went up the steps next to Katniss as the truck came to a stop.

Two guards came out and opened the trunk. I was stunned to see Peeta jump out of the back. Katniss pulled out an arrow and Gale held up his gun as Peeta got closer. "Ok stop." He demanded. I used my trident to move Katniss' bow out of the way so i could move towards Peeta.

Without saying a word i hugged him and he didn't stop me. He was muttering things under his breath saying his name and his district. Finnick told everyone to relax and my grip on Peeta loosened when Jackson came over to cuff him.

I walked with him back inside the building and lead him to the spot i had basically claimed. I sat down beside him and put my head on his shoulder. He didn't seem to mind because he laid his head on mine not long after.

"They want us to add him to the propo. Show that he's with us now. We'll move forward a few blocks tomorrow and shoot the new footage." "He's not in control of himself." "Gale." I said annoyed. "I say we schedule an around-the-clock watch on him." Jackson said.

"The Leegs till 1700, Homes and Mitchell till 1900." "Finnick and I can watch him in the day." I said. Finnick nodded in agreement. "Give me a watch." Katniss said. "And if it really came down to it, you think you could shoot him?"

"I wouldn't be shooting Peeta. Be killing a capitol mutt." Katniss said harshly. "Katniss come on." I said. They were really starting to annoy me now. "I'm not sure that kind of a comment recommends you for the job either." "Put her in the rotation." Boggs said before he walked away.

I still had my head on Peeta's shoulder when i fell asleep. I woke up i the middle of the night to Peeta talking to Katniss. "Friend, lover, victor, fiancée, enemy, target, mutt. And now ally? Yeah, I'll add that to the list of words i use to try to figure you out."

More of us started waking up as he raised his voice. I lifted my head from his shoulder and watched Finnick sit up from his laying position. "I'm sorry. I just can't tell what's real and what's made up anymore." "Then ask." Finnick says quietly. "It's what Annie does." "And Cason." I add. "Ask who?"

"Us. We're your unit now." Jackson said. Peeta took a second to think. "Your favorite color is green. Is that real?" He asks Katniss. "Yeah. That's real. Yours is orange. Not bright. Soft like the sunset." "Thank you."

"You're a painter. You're a baker. You always sleep with the window open. You never take sugar in your tea. You always double knot your shoelaces." Katniss started to tear up as she spoke. She sat up grabbing her stuff. "You were right. I can't do this." Katniss moved next to Gale.

"I gave you a pearl in the arena. Is that real?" Peeta asked looking down at me. I put my hand in my pocket and pulled out the small purple pearl. I held it out to him, and he took it from my hand for a minute looking over it. After a few seconds he gave it back to me and i put it back in my pocket.

"Get some sleep." Finnick said from across the room. "I'll keep him company." I nodded and placed my head back on Peeta's shoulder, quickly falling asleep again.

A/N: Please excuse the watermark in the gif 😭 🙏 I can't get rid of it. Other than that we hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading!

 Other than that we hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading!