Forcefield

Katniss immediately Gets up and turns Peeta on his back. "He's not breathing. He's not breathing!" I can't even process what is going on, but I can see Finnick shove Katniss off Peeta and start to give him CPR. Katniss rushes back over saying Peeta's name repeatedly trying to wake him up. Shes crying hard. I can only watch from a few feet away.

I didn't know him well obviously, but he had grown on me somehow and I was scared not only for him but for Katniss. She cared for him though I still wouldn't say she loved him, and I know it would hurt her badly if she lost him.

After what feels like forever Peeta takes a deep breath in and I let out the air I didn't know I was holding in. Katniss takes him into her arms and Finnick looks at me as he breathes heavily. After Peeta can get back on his feet, we start walking again.

Katniss throws rocks every now and then to see where the forcefield is. She stops after a minute and tells us to hold on. She finds a tree and starts to climb up it. We watch her climb until we can't see her anymore and we just stand there while we wait. The forcefield makes a noise and we can just barely see a ring travel down the forcefield.

Katniss comes back down and explains that the arena is a dome and to her knowledge there isn't any fresh water which sucks for us because we are all dying for something to drink. Finnick suggests we set up camp since it's getting dark and take turns sleeping. "I can take first watch." Finnick says but Katniss just laughs at his offer "Not a chance." She says shaking her head.

Finnick stands up from where he's sitting and stares at her. "Honey that thing I did back there for Peeta that was called saving his life. If I wanted to kill either of you, I would have already done it by now." He grabs his trident and walks away, and I look at both Katniss and Peeta before following him.

At night Finnick and Katniss stay awake while Peeta and I try to get some sleep. The anthem starts to play, and I jolt awake at the sound. Finnick puts his hand on my shoulder to let me know that everything is alright, and I look at the sky to see the deaths of the day.

"Eight." Katniss says as the anthem dies down. I look at Finnick who just gives me a half smile before we hear a noise in the air. I know right away that it's a sponsor and as it drops to the ground Katniss moves to pick it up.

She opens it and reads the note out loud before she grabs the little metal thing inside. "What's that?" Finnick says confused. Katniss takes a moment then stands up quickly. "I think it's a spile." she says as she runs to the nearest tree grabbing a rock and banging it into the tree. I stand there confused as she just stares at it but then water starts to slowly trickle out of it.

The water starts to pour out, and Katniss sighs of relief and puts her mouth under it to catch some of the water. When she moves away, I do the same, cupping my hands to fill them with water so I can wash the dirt off my face as well.

As we all lay around either sleeping or keeping watch a gong sounds in the arena waking me up from the light sleep I was in. When the sound stops lightning strikes a tree on the other side of the arena. "Well. If you're not going to sleep, I will." Finnick says to Katniss as he gets up and moves over to where I am laying.

I finally fell back asleep after a few minutes of just lying there looking at the sky. I am not a heavy sleeper usually, but I was in a deep sleep, so when Finnick is shaking me awake, yelling at me to run, all I can do is let him drag me with him as he runs.

As we run, I look behind us to see fog following us and now I have a fairly good idea of why we are running.

A/N: Hi! We hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading!