Arena

Stan gives me one final hug before I have to step in the tube. I look back at him with sad eyes as I recite the plan in my head. Finnick and I will grab tridents if they have any and find Katniss and Peeta so we can all be allies. It is simple but it may not work. There is no way of knowing.

The tube rises and the light and heat of the arena hit me almost immediately. I take a minute to adjust to the light before taking in my surroundings. Water. Suddenly I'm more confident. I see Finnick about 2 tributes away and look ahead.

I take a deep breath as the timer counts down.

10...

9...

8...

I get in position to jump into the water and use my swimming skills to my best advantage.

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

I jump into the water as the canon goes off and swim as fast as I can. When I reach the cornucopia, I pull myself onto the rock and spot Finnick running to grab a trident. I quickly do the same but when I turn Katniss has her bow drawn ready to shoot us.

Finnick assures her that we're not going to hurt her and tells her to duck as he throws his trident into someone's chest. Finnick goes to the other side of the cornucopia to find Peeta. He quickly comes back yelling for us to follow.

Peeta is in the water fighting off another tribute. Katniss draws her bow to shoot the other tribute, but they are both dragged underwater. Finnick jumps into the water swimming towards where they were. A cannon goes off and a body floats to the surface face down.

Not long after Peeta comes back up from under the water and Finnick helps him swim back to the rocks. We quickly ran onto the beach and into the woods. We keep running for what feels like forever before we finally stop.

"God its hot. We need to find fresh water." Peeta says as he crouches next to a tree. "There's none around." I respond. A few canons go off signaling the deaths of other tributes and Finnick smiles. "Looks like we're not holding hands anymore."

Katniss snaps back quickly "You think that's funny?" "Every time that canon goes off it's like music to my ears. I don't care about any of them." I know he's lying. He cared about some of them. A lot of them in fact. "Good to know." Katniss says pulling a machete out of somewhere on her back. Probably her quiver.

Katniss and Finnick go back and forth one more time before Peeta says we should keep moving and I nod my head in agreement. We all get up from our spots on the ground and make our way through the jungle. Peeta uses the machete to cut any vines in the way as we walk through.

Suddenly as Peeta is about to slice another vine Katniss yells his name and tells him to stop but it's too late and he hits what i can only assume is a force field. He flies back knocking both Katniss and I down to the ground. 

A/N: Helloooo!!! So we're finally in the arena! If you are bored then just wait. Things will get better we promise! We hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Thanks for taking the time to read this!