Epilogue

I watched Cason walk around the beach from a branch on the tree closest to where the sand starts

I watched Cason walk around the beach from a branch on the tree closest to where the sand starts. Before everything he would run around with Lilly. But she's gone. And all I have left is my brother. Finnick and Annie are in district 7 with Johanna. They said they "Wanted to get away for a while." or something.

They had a son, Sammy. They may have wanted to show him around a bit but he's a baby so I don't see how that would do him any good. I wanted them back here in district 4. Where I could see them. Hear them. And it would surely be better for Cason. He kept telling me about how he wanted to practice gambling with Finnick again.

I was still against that idea. I soon realized what time it was. The sun was already setting. I sat up and slowly climbed down the tree. "Cason let's go!" He turned around at the sound of his name and quickly followed me back down the path to Victors Village.

Just as we were walking up to our house, Cason stopped walking. "Who is that?" I looked back at him then to where he was looking. "Go inside I'll be there in a minute." Without making sure Cason went inside I slowly walked toward the figure.

Slowly I realized who it was. "Peeta?" He looked up from where he was crouched down. After a few seconds he stood up. "Hey." I stared at him for a moment. "What are you doing here?" I asked quietly. "I... I couldn't go back to 12." I nodded my head understanding what he meant.

My eyes fell to the bunch of flowers Peeta had in his hand. He looked down at them too. "They're... They're Lilies." Without another thought I pulled him into a hug. I rested my head on the crook of his neck as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry." He muttered. Tears started to fall down my face. It was like the truth had finally settled in after months of being back home. I had been trying to act like nothing happened and I think a part of me really thought that it was all a dream. But seeing Peeta here and being able to feel him caused the truth to crash down on me.

My sister is dead. My parents are dead. My best friend died in the Games. I had to watch all of them die. And it was all thanks to Snow. If I hadn't gotten to kill him, I would have gone insane. But something told me I wouldn't have to worry about that now.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Annie's Letter:

Dear Kora,

Finnick and I wish you could be here in district 7 with us. It is more beautiful than we thought. You would love the forests. We have been all over the district showing our son everything there is to be seen. I thought I would write to you to give you an update on things happening around Panem. I know you probably don't get out much. We heard Peeta moved to district 4. We cannot wait to see him when we get back. You'll be happy to hear that Katniss' mother has been training new medical units in the capitol. Gale is in district 7 with us right now but when summer starts, he will take on the role of being a captain in district 2 to help keep order and security. He has also taken interest in Johanna's cousin Presephone. I have met her, and I think you would like her. I hope you are doing ok. I know how hard it all must be. It is hard for all of us. All those deaths... We've all suffered so much. But we owe it to their memories and to our children to do the best with these lives. Finnick and I hope you and Peeta both are finding some peace.