Two Dead Presidents

He's right there. Snow is right there. I have my trident I could easily just throw it at him right now. But of course, I won't. Peeta is right next to me, and I don't want him to think I'm insane or something. Right now, Cason is watching the television in his room. Watching as Katniss walks down the extremely long road to the city circle. He's safe. But is he? If Coin is president, then what will happen?

She could ruin our lives. But I can't think about that when Katniss is about to kill the one man I have hated since the beginning. Now Katniss stands right in front of Snow with her bow in hand ready to kill him.

But snow doesn't look nervous. I can't really tell his emotions. Coin steps up and speaks. "Welcome to the new Panem. Today on the Avenue of the Tributes, all of Panem, a free Panem, will watch more than a mere spectacle. We are gathered to witness a historic moment of justice. Today the greatest friend to the revolution will fire the shot to end all wars. May her arrow signify the end of tyranny and the beginning of a new era. Mockingjay, may your aim be as true as your heart is pure."

Katniss lifts her bow and pulls the string back. It looks like Snow has a smile on his face. As if he's ok with his fate. Or maybe he knows something we don't. Just as I though Katniss was going to shoot Snow, she lifts her bow just enough so that when she lets the arrow fly it flies straight into Coin's chest.

Coin falls off the platform. Snow starts laughing maniacally. The crowed starts going crazy. Rebels start to run towards the column snow is tied to. Peeta runs to Katniss shoving something out of her hand. It all happened so fast.

But not too fast. The rebels are being kept back by guards. Now's my chance. Either the crowd kills him or i will. And I'd much rather do it then let him be killed by other people. I walk to the column and stop in front of Snow.

He has stopped laughing and he has a wide grin on his face. "Lovely song you sang." He speaks. I'm surprised he even remembered I sang that song. You wouldn't expect it from someone his age. Especially in his condition.

"I thought you'd like it." I looked behind me to see Katniss being pulled away by guards. I turned back to Snow and took a few steps back. I lifted my trident and threw it straight into his chest. He still had that sickening smile on his face as life slipped from his eyes. I did it. I killed him.

Not knowing where Peeta, Finnick, or Annie were, I walked straight into the crowd. I was pushed and shoved by people for a few minutes until i got out of the crowd and walked back to the remake center.

-

I walked to the train station with Finnick. Annie had already been sent back to district 4 so it was just us. Just as the train doors opened a voice came from behind us. "Hold on." I turned around to see Haymitch walking towards us.

"Haymitch? Shouldn't you be going to district 12?" I watched him curiously as he quickly caught his breath. He had clearly ran up until we turned around. "I wanted to say goodbye. And Effie wanted me to bring you this." He held out his hand and there in the palm of his hand was the pearl.

Peeta had probably told Effie to give it back to me. He had to stay in the capitol for a while anyway so he wouldn't get to on his own. "Thank you." I said, taking the pearl from him. He pulled me into a hug and let go after a few seconds.

I gave him a small smile before walking onto the train. Finnick said goodbye to Haymitch before following me. The doors closed and i sat on the couch next to the window. I put my chin on my hand and stared out of the window as Haymitch's figure disappeared.