✯ 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕍𝕀𝕀𝕀 ✯

Year 3828 — COSMIC Headquarters — Section Meden

As much as she didn't want to, Astraea drew up a report of how she met the intruder on the ship. She wasn't ready to face the Colonel's wrath.

"Come in." A deep rough voice said before the sliding door opened up. Inside the office room sat Colonel Cosmara staring intently at a holographic tablet.

"Good evening, Colonel. We have come to report on Subdisvion 2, Beta Squad's mission on Planet Giatov." Calyx remained stoic as he spoke. Astraea tried his best to imitate him by his side.

The Colonel nodded looking back down at the tablet after taking a short glance at the two. "I received your report a bit earlier. You failed to acquire the parts of the atomic ware due to the appearance of an unknown male."

"Yes, sir. Whoever they were managed to arrive before us and take the case. Striker Nelerix had been the witness." Calyx motioned his eyes to the woman standing next to him.

The Colonel's eyes drifted to Astraea who was trying not to shake under them.

"You wrote that he managed to escape by using his Helix." Colonel Cosmara clarified the words.

"Yes, Colonel. He was able to bend metal at will." Astarea said with a curt nod.

"And his name was Zeph."

"Yes, sir." Astraea nodded once more, unsure of what he would say next.

The Colonel paused, his frown increasing further—if that was even possible. "That man you met has been found to be linked to the Eclipse group."

"Excuse me, Colonel?" Astraea blurted out before she could stop herself. Her eyes went wide, in awe at what she had just heard. Calyx was also in shock but didn't show it as much.

Colonel Cosmara let out a grunt. "His real name is Zephyran Haelar, a fugitive that has been messing with COSMIC resources. This isn't the first time he has been seen thieving from our sources. Other than his name and his actions, there isn't much COSMIC knows about him." The Colonel then locked eyes with Astraea.

"Seeing that you met him and survived is odd since he kills anyone who sees him." The Colonel had seen cases where entire ship crews were killed because of Zeph's appearance. He too met the blonde man before and came back with a large sword wound across him back. It was one of his regretted failures.

Astraea withheld the itch to bite her lip. The Colonel always had ways to inflict fear into those around him. He always seemed to know things, see things that others didn't.

She didn't know if it was because of his Helix but he was quite ominous.

"I-I'm not sure why he didn't kill me, Colonel." She clenched her fists behind her back as she realized that she stuttered.

"Either way, the mission was failed." Only then did Astraea's dread increase. It didn't matter to the Colonel that Zeph was the one she faced, what mattered was that she lost. "A hundred laps around the Headquarters each morning and evening for the next week. Lieutenant, make sure she does them. And make sure you have your check up now that you're back. As for you, Lieutenant..."

*******

Astarea haggardly walked down the hall. She wanted nothing more than to spend that time running digging the Colonel's grave.

She was now making her way to the Medics Subpart in order to do her monthly check ups. Because the universe was now more connected between species, there was more risk of being exposed to viruses.