prolouge

✩ ✩ ✩

LYRA MALFOY had always been different from her twin brother. while the malfoy twins were inseparable since well... since forever, they couldn't have been more of polar opposites. a small example being the fact that lyra was very much a mamas girl, while draco would do absolutely anything in order to make their father happy. alyra was not a fan of her father, the blonde man was always getting angry at her for things she couldn't control, such as her personal views on blood supremacy. she didn't agree with her family's views on it, she knew it didn't matter if you were pureblood, half-blood, or a muggle. and she hated with a passion the word 'mudblood'. whenever she'd hear someone say it she'd physically cringe, and give the person a look filled with nothing but disgust.

"alyra jane." she heard her fathers cold voice in her bedroom doorway as she finished gathering her stuff together to leave for hogwarts. the young witch had her hair tied into two french braids, framing her face perfectly. she looked up from her luggage and saw her father

"yes, father?" she questioned as she looked at the man

"hurry up, it's nearly time to go." he spoke monotonously towards her. the truth was, the entire malfoy family had a suspicion their daughter wouldn't get placed in slytherin, and lucius was already practicing his disapproval and disappointment towards the young girl. deep down, lyra knew it as well, but she didn't want to admit it to herself. she took a deep breath and plastered as smirk on her face as she got up off of her bedroom floor, bringing her belongings along with her as she and her father walked down the steps of the manor.

"are you excited ly?" draco looked up from his breakfast as his sister walked in, a small smile on his face, "i just know we're gonna rule slytherin together."

"totally." she smiled back, brushing a couple blonde flyaway hairs from her eyes, "what if we don't get slytherin though?"

"draco will certainly get slytherin." lucius spoke coldly, glaring at his daughter, "and you... alyra better hope you do too."

lyra looked up towards her father, meeting the glare in his eyes with a look of terror in her own blueish-grey ones, "yes father." she looked towards her mother who was smiling a warm sweet smile at her daughter

"i love you no matter what, sunshine." the malfoy woman spoke quietly to her daughter, quiet enough that lucius didn't hear her words. it was quite obvious throughout the entirety of their lives that alyra was narcissas favorite kid, and she's always tell the young blonde girl how she hoped she would never live the same life as she did, "just be yourself there."

lyra just nodded, smiling at her mother, before meeting her fathers icy gaze once more, "are we to go now?"

"yes, were leaving now." narcissa stood from her seat at the table, dusting off her dress before leading her children out of the house. lucius refused to come along, telling the rest of his family that he had "more important things" to attend to rather than sending his children off to a new school in which they won't see their mother or father for months on end once there.

✩ ✩ ✩

ONCE ON THE TRAIN, lyra sat beside draco, watching the world fly by her from outside the window. she was stuck in her thoughts, per usual. almost never would you see the young malfoy girl and she was fully tuned into reality, she was always daydreaming or just thinking about whatever. right now, she thought about her blonde twin who sat beside her.