chapter thirty-seven

ALYRA WOKE UP TO THE sound of harry breathing heavily, twisting and turning in his sleep, "harry?" she whispered with a worried expression on her face, "harry?" his head jerked around and she sat up on the bed, trying to get him to wake up from the nightmare he seemed to be having. it was the middle of the night, "harry, wake up. harry potter."

suddenly, harry sat up awake, a confused and scared look in his eyes as he did, "alyra?" he asked, looking at her as sweat dripped down his neck

"are you okay?" she asked, looking at him with concern

"it was just a nightmare." he said simply, "i'm fine alyra."

"okay." she nodded a little, her eyes going a little wide in shock when harry pulled the sweat covered shirt he wore off of himself, letting it drop somewhere to the floor before leaning against the bed again, alyra stayed sat up, this was the first time she'd seen harry totally shirtless, and it was definitely making her go a tiny bit insane.

"did you expect me to leave that one on?" he asked with a tiny chuckle at the girls reaction, "did you want to lay that pretty head of yours on a shirt covered in my sweat alyra?"

"well, no. but you're so—" she cut herself off as she wrapped her arms around his torso, laying in his neck once more

"wait, i'm so what?"

"alyra cant hear you right now, she's sleeping."

"you're an idiot." harry replied with a light chuckle, calming down from the nightmare he'd had

"alyra is kindly choosing to ignore you due to the fact that she is sleeping."

"go to sleep."

"what does it sound i'm like trying to do to?"

______

ALYRA JOLTED UP FROM harrys bed when she realized not one of his roommates were still in the room, "harry!" when he didn't wake up though, she pulled the pillow out from the underneath his head, making him wake up with a loud groan as his head hit the mattress below him, "harry, we're late."

"what!?" he sat up quickly, getting out of the bed as well, the both of them trying to change into their school clothes and robes as fast as they could.

alyra grabbed her tie and tied it on quickly, waiting for harry before the two ran to defense against the dark arts class, when they went into the classroom, all eyes were on the couple, who had clearly just run all the way there. they sighed in relief when they noticed their teacher wasn't yet there

"hey, malfoy, i didn't know you were a gryffindor." one kid said and alyra looked at harry confused before noticing her hufflepuff colored tie on him, gasping a little as her hand came over her mouth

"brilliant." harry mumbled sarcastically before they both went to find some seats. it was gonna be a long day before they could fix that. they'd probably have to keep them like that most of the day. they sat down at an empty bench beside each other and harry leaned in to whisper to her, "how did this even happen?"

"i don't know." alyra replied, sinking into her chair, "people are definitely gonna spread something crazy, i can just sense it."

"i know." harry sighed, dragging his hand over his face, "what are we gonna do?"

"deny, deny, deny." alyra said

"i mean, they're probably gonna say we were having sex, which isn't true cause we have not done that yet." harry told her, "so technically it's not even us denying, it's us telling the truth and nothing but that."