chapter twenty-two

"IS IT bad if i say i really hope ced doesn't get chosen?" stella asked, leaning her head on alyras shoulder as her bother threw his piece of parchment into the blue flame

"no it's not bad stel, you're worried for him. and it's totally understandable worry, he'd understand." alyra mumbled in response, rubbing her best friends shoulder softly, "i mean, it's a dangerous competition, who knows what may happen to the chosen contestant."

"that's why i don't want him to be in it." stella whispered and alyra frowned at the worried look on the usually smily ravenclaw, "what if he does get chosen... and something happens to him?"

"i don't know, stel.." alyra whispered back, "but if he does get chosen, we'll just have to support him you know?"

"oh, yeah, of course i know." stella replied, "i'd be extremely proud of him, and i'd support him unconditionally, but a part of me is just so worried for him all the time."

"i get that feeling, i'm the same way with my own brother." alyra sighed in response and stella nodded a little

"what're you two chatting about?" cedric asked, wrapping them both in a big hug that made both girls laugh and try as they tried to escape his grasp

"just the tournament." stella told him, clearly contemplating saying something to him about how worried she was, "ced?"

"yeah, stel?" cedric turned his gaze to just his little sister as the hug dismantled

"if you get picked, please be careful." stella frowned a little at him and his eyes immediately softened, "i don't want anything to happen to you.."

"i probably won't even get chosen stella, it's gonna be okay." he reassure, "and if i do, i'll be as careful as possible, i mean, what's the worst that could happen right?"

_____

ALYRA sat beside cedric in the hall as they awaited the grand announcement of who would be competing in the tournament

"are you excited?" she asked her older friend who simply nodded

"how could i not be?" cedric asked, watching as dumbledore stood in the middle of the hall

"sit down." dumbledore told the students who were quick to listen, "now the moment you have all been waiting for: the champion selection."

alyra sat on the edge of her seat as dumbledore walked with his hand to the air towards the goblet, placing either hand on the sides of it. he stepped back as the flame became a deep red color, and a piece of parchment flew out into the old man's grasp as he caught it quickly.

"the durmstrang champion is viktor krum." students cheered as krum stood up and stepped towards dumbledore, shaking his hand before stepping over to the side dumbledore motioned him towards as another piece flew into the man's hand, "the champion for beauxbatons... is fleur delacour." more cheers as the girl stood up proud of herself and repeated the same actions as krum, "the hogwarts champion, cedric diggory!"

alyra looked at the older boy next to her and smiled widely at him as he stood up, she cheered loudly for him, clapping hard for her friend as he walked towards dumbledore.

"excellent!" dumbledore yelled through the hall in order to quiet everybody down, "we now have our three champions. but in the end... only one will go down in history. only one will hoist the chalice of champions. this vessel of victory... the triwizard cup!"