chapter forty-four

SHE WAS STILL AWAKE the following morning. draco was snoring fast asleep beside her, his back to her, and she was still awake. she got out of her bed slowly and carefully, in attempts to not wake draco. it was nearly 9:30 in the morning, she hoped harry was awake, so she wouldn't be met with people who didn't even know her at all.

she grabbed her belongings, and just stayed in the jumper she wore but changed into a pair of warmer pants instead of the shorts she'd slept in the night before.

"venus." she whispered as she picked her cat up, waking the little orange furball up quietly, "hi baby, we're going to another place." venus simply meowed quietly in response and snuggled herself into alyras arms as the blonde grabbed her wand from beside her bed, and grabbed her belongings, and then proceeded to apparate herself to 12, grimmauld place as harry had told her to go to.

"hello?" she whispered into the darkness of the room she was in, following the voices in the other room cautiously as she stepped into the room, "hi..?"

"alyr—" ginny's voice immediately died down when she saw the state the girl was in, the bruising all over her face, a black eye, she even noticed the bright red hand print around her neck, "are you okay?"

"hi, ginny." alyra smiled at her, completely ignoring the girls questioning as mrs weasley suddenly attacked her in a hug, resulting in venus jumping out of alyras arms in fear and taking the girl by surprise as the impact hurt her bruising back quite badly, making her wince a little

"hello, dear!" molly beamed, "how nice it is to finally meet you alyra. i've heard so much about you. are you hungry? i've just began making breakfast. i'm not sure if harry is up yet but he should be shortly. please come and sit down, you can take the seat next to ginny, she tells me you two are rather close, right?"

"hi." she mumbled awkwardly, "yes, that is true.. also, i'm terribly sorry for being here earlier than expected, i wasn't meant to be here until after christmas day but... some things happened."

"what's happened my dear?" mrs weasley asked as she pulled away from the hug, only then did the notice the bruising on the blonde girl, "oh, dear."

"i'm incredibly tired." she suddenly heard harry's voice enter the room, and immediately looked over mrs weasleys shoulder and at harry entering, dreading the moment she knew was about to come, unprepared for his questioning on what had happened to her, knowing it was to happen shortly.

"look who's here harry." ron motioned towards alyra who was still being suffocated in molly weasleys arms, the girl trying her best to hide her face from the dark haired boy as her small cat purred and rubbed her head against harry's leg

"alyra." harry's face formed into a small smile as he noticed her, immediately going across the room towards her as mrs. weasley let go of her, the dark haired boy pulling her into a hug in her place, "hi, why are you here so early?"

alyra didn't respond, she just buried her face into the side of his neck as she threw her arms around him, holding on to him as if her life depended on it.

"good to know you're excited to see all of us alyra." hermione laughed a little as couple embraced each other

"hi hermione." alyra mumbled into the side of harry's neck, not wanting to pick her head up as she didn't want him to see what her father had done to her, she didn't know if she'd have it in her to lie to him about it.

harry suddenly pulled away from the hug as he started talking to her, "i thought you were coming until after christmas day?"

"yeah, i wasn't going to.." she shrugged, not looking at him as she spoke, she caught the concerned gaze of the weasleys mother and ginny as she looked away from harry