chapter twenty-five

"HARRY!" alyra tried to get through the crowds of students in the hallway as she ran towards the dark haired boy, who laughed loudly as the blonde pushed past many people to get to him, smiling as she whispered 'i'm sorrys' and 'excuse mes' as she ran. the girl had to stand and catch her breath for a moment before looking up at him, "hi." she smiled at him

"did you really just run through a bunch of students to say hi to me?" he asked as they began walking side by side, their hands brushing together as other students walked in the crowded halls causing them to continuously bump into each other, "if you did i think that's adorable."

"well that's not the only reason." she told in full honesty, "i want you to come dress shopping with me. help me pick out a dress for the yule ball so we can match."

"you wanna match?" harry's eyebrows twisted together on his forehead, "i'm not wearing a dress with you alyra?"

"you are an absolute idiot." she shook her head, laughing at the boy, "i mean colors and stuff. i also just want you there so i know you think i look pretty in whatever dress i get."

"you look pretty in anything alyra." harry told her, his words making her grin, "you're just beautiful."

alyra forgot that they were in fact still in the hallways as she leaned against harry, giggles escaping her mouth at his words, "thank you." she beamed, her face bright red as she smiled wide, she felt his arm wrap itself around her shoulder as they walked, the pair definitely getting loads of strange looks at the way they walked but they didn't entirely care. alyra knew she'd care later but in the moment all that mattered was how happy harry made her

"when are we gonna go get your dress?" harry suddenly asked

"can we go to hogsmede this weekend?" she asked, and harry nodded in response, "perfect."

_____

HE WAS LATE.

harry and alyras plan had been to meet up outside of gladrags wizardwear at 12:30. it was now 1:00. alyra frowned as she sighed, turning on her heels and entering the shop, a disappointed look on her face as she looked through the dresses they had to offer. doing it alone made it much less fun. she messed with the galleons in her coat pocket as she walked around glumly. she had expected to be showing the dresses off to harry. but instead, he stood her up.

'what if he was just leading me on?' 'what if he doesn't actually like me?' 'what if he got bored of me?' a million thoughts ran through her head as she grabbed some dresses to try on, going into the changing room.

she was extremely disappointed that harry hadn't shown, she really liked harry, she thought that he had felt the same for her. maybe she was wrong.

alyra heard the bell ding on the shops front as she pulled on her first dress. it was a sparkly pink dress that fit her perfectly, hugging around her body like a glove, the fabric going down to her ankles.

once she zipped up the back, she stepped out of the changing room in order to go and look at how it looked on her in the mirror but her face ran into something, and stumbled backwards a little. she looked up when some pair of hands held onto her waist, and was met with harry's eyes looking down at her. the second she saw harry, she stepped back quickly, arms crossed against her front as her looked at him with some anger in her eyes, "alyra.." he began, clearly about to apologize but the blonde cut him off quickly

"save it, harry." she shook her head, "you are an hour late. if you don't like me or you're bored of me, just tell me that. don't show up an hour late to something you told me you'd be here for. it's not fair for you to stand me up like that. i waited outside for you for 30 minutes, it's freezing out there harry."

"i know, i know. i'm so sorry." he started, sighing a little as he gave her a genuine apologetic look, "i didn't do it on purpose i promise. and i won't even try and give a stupid excuse because i don't have one, it's as simple as i forgot, and im terribly sorry. i really am."

alyra frowned, noticing how he hadn't confirmed nor denied her questioning on how he really felt about her

"and i promise you, i do like you." it was as if he had read her mind, "i'm also most certainly not bored of you. i could never get bored of someone like you."

alyra bit back a smile, as she was still trying to be angry at him, but it was hard to stay mad at someone who looked at her with such an admiration as harry did with her, "shut up i'm trying to be mad at you for showing up late."

"and you have every right to be, im not trying to sweet talk you into forgiving me, and im not gonna tell you not to be mad because i know id be pretty damn mad if i were you too." he told her, taking her hands in his, "but i can promise you that i in no way meant to stand you up like this. ive been looking forward to this since you asked me, actually."

"really?"

"mhm." he nodded, "and you look absolutely beautiful in this one darling."

"you should call me that more often." alyra gushed, her face going red as she spoke

"darling?"

"yes, i like it." she nodded, biting her lip a little as he face flushed pink, "i like it a lot."

"i'll keep that in mind." he leaned forward and placed a quick peck to alyras mouth, "now, show me more dresses."

"okay, okay." alyra smiled, and went back into the changing room, "wait rate this one first." she stepped back and did a little spin, making harry watch her, nothing but admiration in his eye at the way alyra looked in the dress

"9." he said after a few moments of careful thinking, "it looks amazing on you."

"okay, okay." she smiled and went back into the changing room for real this time.

a few minutes later, she was trying to zip up a long, off the shoulder sleeved baby blue dress when the zipper got stuck, the girl groaned in frustration and stepped out of the changing room, holding the dress up on herself as she looked at harry, "can you help me please?"

"of course." he smiled, stepping forward and moving her blonde locks out of the way from the zipper and getting it up quickly, "this one is... wow. alyra you are beautiful."

"i really like this one." she smiled

"i think this just has to be the one." harry told her, a bright look in his eyes at the way alyra looked in the baby blue dress, "it's perfect on you."

"perfect?" she laughed a little, "don't flatter me too much."

"no, im serious darling, you look absolutely perfect in this." he spoke with a complete seriousness to his voice, "you need to get it. please?"

"i don't know, i kinda liked the pink one." she thought for a moment, but the look harry gave when she walked out in this one flashed through her mind and she quickly decided, "actually, yes. i'll get this one."

"brilliant."

"you and that word, potter."

"when you call me potter it makes me think of your brother, and its weird. i mean, hes not the one i think about all day." he told her and alyra laughed at him

"you're so strange," she told him, befor realizing a significant thing he had said, "wait, you think about me?"

"go buy the dress." harry went red as alyra giggled to herself before going back into the changing room to slip out of the dress to go and purchase it.

______

hello