chapter five

ALYRA STIRRED a little in her sleep, rolling off of her mattress slightly, which made her eyes jolt open, and she was met with harry's face inches away from her own, his eyes opened widely as he looked at her.

"i'm sorry, i'm so sorry." she whispered, her voice nearly inaudible as she did, moving herself back over again. it was the middle of the night, and she could only faintly make out little pieces of his face next to her, "why are you still awake?"

"i can't sleep." he sighed, and she noticed he didn't have his glasses on anymore, and smiled a little. she'd never seen him without them on before, he looked cute.

no. she thought to herself not even a second later, you can not. think he looks cute. come on alyra.

"why are you looking at me like that?" harry whispered, pulling her from her thoughts

"hm?" she hummed, her gaze fixing on him again as she zoned back into the real reality

"you're just looking at me funny." he mumbled, his eyebrows furrowed together

"sorry, i just got a bit distracted by the fact that this is the first i've ever seen you without your glasses on." she replied, and he chuckled ever so quietly at her words

"what do you think of seeing my bare eyes?" he asked, blinking multiple times in a row dramatically, making the malfoy girl giggle quietly to herself

"i think i like your bare eyes." she whispered back, and a smile spread on the boys face, "can you see without them?"

"a little, i mean, you're close enough that i can see you right now." he said, and alyra smiled a little, "which is good, i like being able to see you."

"i know you do, i catch you looking at me a lot." she immediately regretted saying that and cursed herself in her head and shut her eyes in embarrassment after saying it, bringing her hands to her face, "sorry, i don't know why i said that."

"you notice?" he asked, his face going a little red as she nodded, "well, i didn't know that."

"stella makes fun of ms cause of it, and i don't even do anything. you're the one doing it." alyra sighed and looked at him again, "sorry if i embarrassed you."
"you didn't, im glad you told me you see it, ill make sure to stop now."

"no don't, i like it when you're looking at me." she spoke ever so quietly, she didn't want the words to come out but.. once she thought it, she couldn't make it go away, she had to let it out

"then i won't stop." he smiled a little, his dorky smile made her stomach flip and she felt nauseous. in a good way

"good." she breathed out, the feeling in her stomach and the way he smiled at her making her go crazy

"good." he replied just as quietly

"i'm gonna..." she froze for a second, her eyes glanced towards his mouth for a second but she looked away immediately, but not back into his eyes, somewhere far off, too scared to look at him again, "im gonna try and go back to sleep now."

harry just hummed in response, too scared to open his mouth, he thought if he did he'd say something stupid and embarrass himself again.

he noticed the way her eyes looked down, but chose to ignore it. he thought he might've just imagined it, and just watched in silence for a few moments as the blonde girl shut her eyes and started drifting off again, breathing softly. she looked so calm, so sweet. once he knew she was definitely asleep harry finally went to sleep himself. his scared thoughts of sirius black were replaced by some good thoughts, thoughts that had to do with a certain blonde hufflepuff.

_____

just a quick filler hope you liked