chapter thirty-nine

ALYRA THOUGHT FOR a moment before replying to him, "didn't you say i'm too much for you?" she asked, looking  up at him, her hand still messing with the necklace around her neck

"i didn't mean that," he sighed, "i was just angry and stressed and you were the one who was right there and i had some reason to be upset at you and i took it. there hasn't been a single day in the last month and a half that i didn't regret that entire conversation alyra. you have no idea how much i've missed you. you have no idea how terrible i feel."

"and you have no idea how terrible your words felt, or how bad it made me feel about myself when you told me you couldn't deal with me and that i was too much. and you also have no idea how it felt when you were yelling at me, you were the one person i really had harry, the one person." she paused for a moment, taking a breath to stop herself from crying, "i have been... so, so incredibly lonely for the past month and a half. i've had nobody. not one person, harry."

"i'm sorry." he said, taking her hands in his, "i know i messed up, i know what i did was completely unfair, and im so sorry, i truly am."

"harry..." she looked down at her hands in his, feeling the way his thumb was rubbing circles on the back of her hand as he did everytime he held her hand, "i just..."

"please alyra, i can't lose you." harry spoke desperately, "you're my person. you're my favorite person. i love you alyra, i don't want to lose you."

"you're not gonna lose me harry." she shook her head, looking up at him, meeting his desperate eyes as he gazed down at her, "you're not losing me. i can't do this without you, you're my person too."

"good, good." he spoke quietly, letting out a sigh of relief as he did, "i'm so sorry."

"it's okay harry. what we have is a lot stronger than a few angry words. while yes, it did hurt me for a while, it'll take more than that to lose me." she finally smiled up at him, for the first time in over a month it was real. she was happy,

"there's my girl." he whispered as he smiled down at her as she smiled, tucking her hair out of her face, "i've missed seeing you smile."

'there's my girl' the words played over and over in her head, making her grin like a little kid who was walking into honeydukes for the first time

"say that again." she whispered

"i've missed seeing you smile?"

"no, the other one."

"ahh..." he chuckled a little as his palm rested on the side of her face, "there's my girl."

"your girl." she giggled like a little kid, "i'm your girl."

"of course you are, that is known by everyone at this place darling." harry chuckled at her, "i've really missed seeing your smile. have i already said that?"

"maybe once or twice." she shrugged, smiling again when he leaned in and kissed her right next to her mouth

"your smile is beautiful darling, everything about you in beautiful for that matter." he told her as he placed tiny kisses all around her face, making her laugh, "your laugh is beautiful too, and your smile. have i mentioned how much i love your smile."

"have i mention how much ive missed you?" alyra asked, wrapping her arms around his waist, "especially how much ive missed your hugs. i think that's what i love most about you. how sweet you are with me."

he wrapped her up in a big hug and picked her up slightly off the ground, spinning around with her in his arms, making the blonde laugh loudly

"harry, put me down!" she exclaimed, the permanent frown had become a permanent smile, the permanent headache became a permanent feeling of love for the boy holding her in his arms.

harry brought her back down and kissed her softly, but with a lot of passion, she immediately leaned in to the kiss, wrapping her arms around the back of his neck.

"are you going home to the manor for christmas?" harry asked her suddenly as he pulled away from the kiss

"i don't know yet." she told him, her face dropping a little at the mention of the manor, "i don't feel very safe there."

"if you're not, do you want to come with me to grimmauld place for break?" he asked, "mrs weasley wants to meet you, she and sirius told me before we came back for this year that i could invite you to come back with me so she could meet you."

"i'll probably have to go home for at least a day so i can see my mother, my father probably won't care if i tell them im going somewhere like... i'll tell them im going to stella's." he grinned at her response, "my father will probably be happy to get me out of the house, he doesn't like me very much."

"brilliant." he replied, "not- not brilliant that your father doesn't like you... but i mean that about how you can come with me for break."

"i know what you mean, potter." she smiled at him, she was happy to have him back, and she was excited to spend christmas was him and the weasleys, and his godfather, oh wow, she's meeting the whole family. maybe ahe was a little nervous.

_____

who's hype for her to meet molly weasley? (ME! I AM!!)