chapter thirty-one

"IM SCARED." harry whispered into alyras ear. it was the middle of the night, the night before the final task. the gryffindors had really gotten quite used to harry sneaking the blonde girl into dorm room most nights.

"it's perfectly normal to be scared, harry." she told him, stroking his hair out of his face as she planted a sweet kiss on his jaw, "you need sleep though."

"i know, but i can't sleep." he said, wrapping his arms tight around his girlfriends waist, holding her as close as he could, the girl allowing him to as he buried his head in the crook of her neck, "i know you're tired, im sorry for keeping you up."

"it's okay, id rather be up with you than sleeping without you." she told him and heard a soft chuckling against her neck as her hands continued to play with harry's dark hair, "i want you to just know that no matter what happens, and no matter what place you get, im proud of you. you have done amazingly in these challenges, you're amazing."

"i love you." harry mumbled into her neck, but his voice was mostly inaudible and alyra couldn't tell if that was what he actually said

"what'd you say?" she asked, furrowing her brows as he sat his head up and looked at her

"i said... i said thank you." he lied, and alyras eyebrows stayed sewn together in the middle of her forehead. had she really heard him wrong?

"oh, alright." she nodded simply, "well, you're welcome." they laid in comfortable silence before alyra spoke up again, "harry?"

"yes, darling?" harry asked, his eyes staring sweetly into hers

"nevermind, actually." she muttered, running her fingers through his hair again, "you should go to sleep."

"but i wanna know what you wanted to say." he replied, a bit of confusion in his quiet voice

"don't worry about it." she told him, kissing the top of his head, "you need rest for tomorrow."

"okay." harry finally gave in and buried his head in her neck once again, the blonde smiled a little to herself when she felt soft breathing against her neck and harry's back rising up and down slowly as he eventually fell asleep a few minutes later. once she was certain he was asleep, she leaned in close to his ear and whispered, "i love you too by the way."

she eventually fell asleep herself, relaxing in the comfort of harry's arms, the couple had become  pretty big talk of the school since the second task. alyra would hear whispering about herself and harry in the halls, some good, some bad. most people would just say how they thought the relationship was kinda strange, and that they didn't mesh the right way, the pair didn't let it get to them though, they knew how they felt about each other, and the thoughts of random people wasn't going to affect them.

______

young love

so cute