chapter twenty-eight

ALYRA SLEPT SOUNDLY her head on harry's shoulder as she breathe softly into his ear. she had been in the library with him, hermione, and ron as they tried to figure out the riddle of the final task. she wore the black jumper which harry had leant to her the night of the yule ball, as for christmas she had gotten him one just like it but in grey— which harry wore right beside her. —and harry seemed to like how alyra looked in his sweatshirts.

she suddenly was shaking awake a bit as harry sat up, picking the girls head up off his shoulder softly as he did so, "hi?" she mumbled in response, seeming to forget where she was

"mcgonagal wants to see you in her office." harry told her, repeating what moody had said moments before she woke up, "not only you." he told her suddenly, noticing how her face had formed a look that was full of nervousness, "hermione as well."

"but the second task is soon." alyra shook her head as she stood up slowly, harry's hand on her waist helping her to keep her balance as she did so

"come on, lyra, i already tried." hermione told her and the blonde just shook her head before walking after her.

mcgonagal led the two of them to her office

"professor, there's only a few hours until the next task." alyra spoke as they entered her office where other professors stood around as well, alyra sharing a quick smile with her godfather as she walked in, "i am rather confused."

"i am as well." hermione added, nodding with her  friend

"not to worry, miss malfoy. all will make sense soon." mcgonagal spoke and alyra shared a confused expression with hermione, "but for now, this won't hurt a bit.

then, everything went black.

that was all alyra remembered.

______

"WHERES ALYRA?" harry and cedric shared a rather confused look as they walked up the dock, "and hermione too. i haven't seen either of them since last night."

"i don't know." cedric shrugged in response looking around as well

"welcome to the second task." dumbledores voice sounded on the loudspeaker, "last night; something was stolen from each of our champions. a treasure of sorts. these four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. in order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. simple enough—except for this: they will have but one hour to do so, and one hour only."

harry began choking the what he had put into his mouth at neville's word

"you may begin... at the sound of the cannon." the cannon went off and all contestants dove in besides harry who needed an extra push. literally.

harry was frozen in shock for a moment as he realized he could still breathe, and then looked down at his feet and relized they looked sort of webbed, as did his hands. he smiled at the sight and dove out of the water, doing an interesting flip in the air before beginning to swim down deeper into the lake as he looked around. he followed the sound of singing in the distance and was shocked to see a siren swim by him, which she followed after quickly. he saw what looked like four bodies frozen in the water and swam quickly towards them, immediately going towards alyra, holding the girls frozen face in his hands for a moment, untying a knot from around the girls ankle, releasing her from the captivity she was stuck in.

he was stopped when he went to get hermione as well and went back to alyra, grabbing onto the girl when she noticed a young girl who appeared to be fleurs treasure, and held his wand towards her to release her, grabbing her as well and swimming as fast as he could with the weight of two bodies on his arms.