our little family P2

Taylor's POV

Later that evening, I was sitting at home in bed, with Amelia in my arms as I fed her. Ellie was sat next to me, flipping through her favourite book as she ran her fingers over the different textured pages it was filled with.

"Mommy milk!" Ellie suddenly said, throwing her book across the bed.

"Woah, be careful sweetie." I quickly grabbed her arm as she jumped up in the air, "you're going to hurt yourself."

"Milk!" She jumped up again.

"What's the magic word?" I asked sternly.

"Pwease?"

"Okay come on. Hold my hand." I said as I grabbed hold of her tiny hand and walked with her down the stairs and to the kitchen. With Amelia still in one arm, I poured some milk into her sippy cup.

"Do you want warm or cold milk?" I asked, already opening the microwave assuming her answer.

"Warm pwease!"

I nodded and put it in the microwave for 20 seconds, then put the lid on and passed it to her.

She took a sip, then immediately threw it on the ground, causing it to explode everywhere.

"Why did you do that Ellie?!" I asked, frustrated as I bent over to pick up the sippy cup. Amelia was starting to get fussy now because I was moving around so much, and I could feel her being only seconds away from screaming.

"Too hot!" Ellie yelled as tears filled her eyes. I knew it wasn't too hot, I always put it in for 20 seconds and it's always fine. I dipped my finger in the small amount of milk that was actually left in the cup, and as expected, it was nothing more than lukewarm.

"It's not hot sweetie it's the same as normal. Do you want cold milk?" I asked, pouring the rest of the 'too hot' milk down the sink.

Ellie nodded, and I sighed, then grabbed the carton out of the fridge and refilled her cup, then put the lid on and handed it to her. "Okay it's cold now, is that okay?" I asked hesitantly as she took a sip.

"No! No mommy!" She yelled, then threw the cup on the ground- again.

"Jesus El what do you want?!" I accidentally yelled back, letting my emotions get the best of me.

Immediately she started to cry, throwing herself on the ground.

"What's going on?" Travis asked as he came downstairs.

"Where have you been Travis?! Can you help me for fucks sake?!" I yelled, then quickly covered my mouth, gasping. Ellie was now picking up words left, right and centre, so we had to be extra careful with what we said around her.

"Calm down I was just in the shower!" He said defensively, walking over to where Ellie was crying on the ground. "Why is there milk all over the floor...?" He asked as he picked her up and started to soothe her.

I glared at him, then turned around and walked away. I couldn't deal with him. I don't even remember the last time I had a proper shower, and he had managed to be hiding away for at least 30 minutes in there. I walked straight upstairs and to Amelia's room, then sat down on the armchair next to her crib. She hadn't actually slept through the night in her crib before, she still slept in the bassinet in our bedroom. We let her nap in her crib though so that she'd be used to it when we moved her in here officially, which would probably be soon.

"You're being an absolute angel for me right now baby girl. Thank you so much." I said quietly as she still sucked away. She'd probably be full soon, but hopefully she'd be full and satisfied and fall straight asleep.