you said you'd never leave me

hey everyone! so this is the chapter that's superrrrr long (over 11,000 words whoops) and i've been working on it for quite a while.

i don't know why i wanted to write this, but inspiration struck so here i am.

i hope you enjoy. or don't cause it's sad.

love you all, don't come for me please ❤️

🙂

————————

"Travis...?" I gasped, my eyes filling with tears as I noticed the small section of the beach covered in flower petals and lit candles.

Travis grinned and squeezed my hand, "Follow me." He led me towards the set up, and guided me through the path made by rose petals on the sand.

I bit my lip on a smile as I felt my cheeks turn a light shade of pink. Travis stopped me right in the centre of everything, and grabbed hold of both my hands.

"Travis..." I repeated slowly, fully anticipating what was coming next. I stared at him with my glassy blue eyes, watching as a few tears pricked the corners of his eyes as well.

"Taylor." For a moment, he stared at me like I was the 8th wonder of the world, then slowly he bent down onto one knee, keeping both my hands held tightly in his.

I bit harder onto my lip as he got into position. This was suddenly so real. This was really happening. I'd dreamed of this moment since I was a little girl, and now it was finally happening.

"Tay... honestly, I've been trying to rehearse this little speech for weeks. And right now, I can't remember I single word I wrote down, so I'm just going to wing it." Travis chuckled and I let out a sort of cry/laugh, then he placed a soft kiss onto my knuckles. "Baby, I love you more than anything in the world. The night I first met you, it felt so surreal. I mean, I was in the apartment of the pop-star I'd had a crush on for years, how does that even happen?!" I giggled and he squeezed my hands, then continued. "I want to spend my life with you. I want kids with you. I want every Christmas for the rest of our lives to be together. I want to grow old with you. But before all of that, I want to marry you. So..." Travis started as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small velvet red box. He gently opened it, and I breathed in deeply, as he revealed the most gorgeous ring I'd ever seen. It glistened in the glow of the sunset, and I was mesmerised by it. "I want you to be my wife Taylor. Will you make the luckiest man in the world, and marry me?"

I was nodding before he even finished the question, and unstoppable tears filled my eyes. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face if I tried. "Yes, yes Travis of course I'll marry you."

Travis smiled even bigger, and slowly slipped the ring onto my finger, and it fit perfectly.

"Travis this is... it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." I was awestruck.

"It was my great grandma's. I wanted to give you a ring that really meant something." He smiled, placing a kiss onto my ring finger as he stood up.

"I love you so much." I whisper-cried, as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you Taylor, so much it hurts." Travis wrapped his arms around my waist, then picked me up so that my lips were in line with his, and he kissed me passionately.

I knew from our first date that I'd be spending the rest of my life with this man. Now it was really happening, and I couldn't wait for what's to come for us.