Something to Do

PRESENT

***Tyrone's POV***

I wake up with a voracious appetite. It's a good thing I'm at a house with food, or more, a certain person who's going to make sure I'm fed.

I feel a little stronger today. Hopefully I'll recover enough throughout the weekend for whatever the next will bring.

I sit up, then yawn and stretch as carefully as I can without causing too much pain, and only at that point do I suddenly realize that Khai is no longer in bed.

Maybe I let go of him at some point during the night. I hope it's that and not that he woke up and felt uncomfortable or something along the lines.

Regardless, I'm going to pretend I'm clueless.

Khai suddenly enters his bedroom then. He looks a little tired still, but he smiles at me.

Okay, good. I didn't disturb him too much.

"Good morning, Ty. How'd you sleep?" He asks as he seats himself on his side of the bed.

"Really good." I decide to leave out the part that I woke up just once. "How about you?"

"Same. I guess it is nicer than the floor." Khai glances to the side, blushing and still smiling.

Okay, so he probably knows.

But does it matter if he thinks I don't? He shouldn't get his hopes up, then.

I need to stop thinking like this. I really am playing with his feelings. But I just can't seem to help myself for some reason.

"That's good. Anyways, your refrigerator looked kinda full. I think we should empty it a little." I glance at Khai, waiting for him to clue in. That can take a while, sometimes.

Today, it doesn't take him long.

He chuckles and gets to his feet again.

"C'mon, let's go get breakfast."

🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘

***Khai's POV***

I'm happy when Tyrone chooses to sit next to me at the table. I have a feeling that he's closer to me than I think.

Still, I have to stop hoping to much. I don't want to get too disappointed if I find out I'm just making things up in my head.

"Good morning, boys." My mom walks into the kitchen, probably because we woke her up.

"Good morning." I return the greeting, and Tyrone just gives her a court nod.

"So, Thanksgiving is the Monday after this coming Monday." My mom randomly brings up. She turns to Tyrone.

"Does your family have any plans?"

"Nah, not really. If my mom and I are lucky, we have a microwave dinner on Thanksgiving." Tyrone tells us.

"Oh, that's no way to celebrate Thanksgiving! You should come celebrate with us."

Yes, mother, keep inviting Tyrone over. Please.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to intrude."

"Oh, you could never be intruding."

"No one else will mind? I mean, I guess it'd be great to meet the rest of Khai's family."

I glance at my mom with a knowing glance. 

Who's gonna tell him?

Me apparently, because my mom remains quiet.