The one chapter where Cody got a fine addition into his collection

Cody was used to looking after his younger brothers. It wasn't easy but he could manage. He's been looking after Bly since he was five. Then came Rex, then Wolffe. And then Fox. By the time, Cody moved out and didn't hesitate to take his little brothers in. They were better off with him than Jango.

  Then he found Jesse on his doorstep and not even a year later, Kix was also left at his door. Cody kept them, of course, but he called Jango and gave him a piece of his mind about leaving infants on the pavement in front of his doors. That was the last time Cody has heard of him.

  The next addition to his chaotic little family came in the form of Fives and Echo. And it wasn't Jango this time who dropped them at Cody's, it was some poor girl that had the misfortune of meeting Jango in a bar. Apparently, Jango refused to have anything with her or their children but he was kind enough to give her Cody's number. Asshole.

  He learned of Wooley's existence through a social worker because apparently Jango left the baby alone at home for an entire day and someone heard him crying. Cody was officially done with him.

  Or so he thought. Because that was Jango knocking on his doors and he had another baby in his arms. Just what Cody needed.

  "What are you doing here?"

  "You aren't even going to invite me in, Kote?" Jango had the audacity to ask. Asshole.

  "I'm not planning on it."

  "Less wasted time for me," Jango shrugged. "I'm just going to entrust Boba into your care and I will be out of your hair."

  "Just like that. You are leaving another kid with me?"

  "I don't see the problem."

  "Maybe that I have to take care of nine children, ten now, only because you are a shitty father?!"

  "I thought you liked to look after your siblings."

  "It might be surprising but I don't enjoy fathering a bunch of children any more than you do! Only I'm not such an asshole as to leave them to take care of themselves on their own!"

  "That's all sweet, Kote but I don't have time for this. Here," he handed Cody the child he was holding along with a note. "There's a number on a lawyer that will sign the adoption papers with you."

  And with that, Jango Fett was gone. And Cody had a thankfully sleeping infant in his arms.

  "Cody? Was that... was that Jango?" a tiny voice asked from behind him.

 "Yes, Fives," Cody turned around and gave the boy what he hoped was a reassuring smile. Wolffe was the last of the kids who had vague memories of Jango. Fox was just a toddler when Cody took custody over him and the younger ones have been only days old when entrusted into Cody's care. Fives knew Jango only from what Cody, Bly and Rex told him.

  "We have another brother?" Echo peeked from behind his twin.

  "Apparently, yes, we do. I present you Boba, the new baby of the family," Cody carefully re-positioned the baby in his arms and knelt so the twins could get a look at him.

  "He's so little!" Echo exclaimed.

  "You were just as small once."

  "Cody! I just saw Jango leaving from the window! What happened?" Wolffe came running into the room then stopped abruptly when he saw Cody with a child in his arms. "Is that- he gave you another kid?!"

  Cody would answer him, but Wolffe's loud approach woke little Boba up and he started crying. Cody stopped himself from glaring at Wolffe, thankful that at least Wooley was still napping in his room and opting to comfort the child instead. "There there, Boba," he whispered as he rocked the child gently. "Wolffe, text Rex to buy some supplies on his way back from work."

  "What kind of supplies?"

  "Just text him to buy supplies for a baby, he will know," Cody instructed him before he focused on Boba once more. Poor thing was probably hungry and also in a need of change, not to mention all the foreign people around him. "Shhh... we will get you fed and then we'll change you into a clean diaper and then you can sleep. What do you think? Sounds great?"

  "I don't think he understands you," Echo pointed out, making Cody chuckle.

  "He doesn't understand the meaning of the words. But he understands the tone, he knows I won't hurt him," Cody explained. "And the more you speak at babies, the more they understand you."

  "But he's still crying."

 "He will stop. Eventually," Cody shrugged, trying to convince Echo as much as he was trying to convince himself that everything is going to be fine, that Boba is going to go the fuck to sleep, he will get the twins and then Kix and Jesse to sleep, wish Fox a good night and everything is going to be fine. Of course it was not going to be fine.

  So... that was chapter 1. Anyone curious what's going to happen next? I don't have this story really planned so if anyone has suggestions, I will be happy to hear them.

  Also, the timeline isn't timelining but here are their ages in this fic:

Cody - 28
Bly - 23
Rex - 20
Wolffe - 16
Fox - 14
Jesse - 9
Kix - 8
Fives - 5
Echo - 5
Wooley - 2
Boba - 0