11

Cody was still thinking about his weird interaction with Obi-Wan Kenobi by the time he and the children reached home. 

Huge surprise, before he even opened the door properly, Echo ran inside the house, kicked off his little shoes and sprinted up the stairs to his and Fives' shared room. Cody had to stay behind to untie Wooley's shoes and help him out of his jacket. Thankfully, he was already skilled in using only one arm so he could hold Boba the whole time. Only when Wooley extended his arms in the universal 'pick me up' gesture, he had to deny the child. And didn't that just hurt?

"Up," Wooley pouted.

"Not right now, Wooley, okay? I will just put Boba into his crib and then I can pick you up," Cody explained patiently. "Don't pout at me."

"Up," Wooley demanded with tears in his huge brown eyes. "Up!"

"Not right now, Wooley. Just wait a minute, okay?"

"Up!" Wooley cried. Cody hated seeing Wooley cry. Well, he hated seeing any of the kids cry.

"Shhh... Don't cry, Wool'ika. Just wait a minute, okay. Just a few seconds. I will pick you up then, I promise."

"Up!"

"I can take Boba," Fox, who somehow appeared right behind them, offered.

"Thank you, Fox'ika," Cody carefully handed Fox the sleeping baby. He knew there was no reason to worry. Fox knew how to hold an infant, you kind of had to know when you had so many younger siblings.

"No problem."

"Come here, Wooley," Cody picked up Wooley who quickly forgot he was ever crying and started to giggle. Yeah, Cody could work with that. He kissed Wooley's forehead. "Now who is my sweet little toddler?"

Wooley giggled in response.

"Hello everyone," Cody greeted when he stepped inside the living room. The TV was on and on the couch with game controllers were sitting Rex, Bly, Wolffe and a girl in mandalorian armor, Wolffe's friend.

"Hey, Cody," the mandalorian was the only one to acknowledge his presence. Tanya Terrera wasn't a rare sight in the Fett household. Her and Wolffe used to be arch enemies first when they started going to the same class. Then they almost killed each other in a fight and were inseparable ever since. Cody supposed he should have expected something like that from Wolffe.

"It's been a while since I saw you the last time. I heard you've been on hunt? How was that?"

"I fell down a cliff."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, I got captured too. And made like five new enemies. But I got a new knife."

"Nice."

"You got a new kid," Tanya commented with her eyes on Fox who was still holding Boba. "Wolffe kinda forgot to mention that. He's so cute!"

Cody snorted. "He's loud."

"You should get an armor, you know? The helmet has soundproof settings."