The one chapter where younger siblings are matchmaking

Before I start the chapter, I would like to thank again to everyone who answered the a/n in the last not-really-chapter. I value your opinions. I absolutely love that I posted an a/n saying that I was unsure about something and immediately people started to comment. I love you guys.

  "Yeah?" Rex picked up the phone without really looking at it.

  "Hey, Rex," he heard Ahsoka's voice.

  "Hi, do you need something?"

  "I have a plan," Ahsoka answered and Rex could imagine the smirk on her face. "Is your brother free tonight?"

  "You are gonna have to be a bit more specific, I have a lot of brothers."

  "Cody."

  "Besides having to take care of the kids and probably cooking dinner, he is free. He has like no life. I mean, he has literally two friends who are his coworkers and they go for a drink like once a year. You know what I'm talking about, don't you?"

  "Yep. The lonely older brother syndrome. Anyway, let's set them up for a dinner."

  "I don't know about your lonely big brother but if I told Cody we arranged him a date, he would laugh at me."

  "Of course we don't do it like that. You boys are so stupid sometimes," Ahsoka sighed dramatically. "Just listen to me for a few seconds, I've got it planned."

  "I'm all ears," Rex assured her.

  "So Obi-Wan has a friend, Quinlan. And they were supposed to meet up today in Obi-Wan's favorite restaurant. But because Quinlan is fun and he is my accomplice, he will cancel it last minute. And since I'm busy studying and Skyguy has a date with Padmé and Obi-Wan isn't seeing anyone, he will have to invite Cody."

  "And if he invites someone else?"

  Ahsoka snorted. "Who? He has like five friends, one of them is Quinlan and he is an accomplice. The other is Bant but she is a doctor so she's always busy. The rest lives somewhere god knows where. And if Obi-Wan started thinking about cancelling the reservation, I will solve it somehow. You just need to make sure Cody accepts."

  "He will."

  "No he won't! Here I was thinking you are smart. Can you imagine him just saying he is going out and leaving the kids in the house?"

  "I suppose not."

  "See? You will have to promise to take care of everything. Or say I'm coming and we will watch the children together. Or... I don't know, you just have to make sure he accepts."

  "I think I can do that."

  "Great. Gotta go now but I will text you later. Bye!"

  "Bye, Ahsoka."

AHSOKA:
Plan is in motion

REX:
?

AHSOKA:
Quinlan just texted Obi-Wan he can't go to the dinner

REX:
ok
codys at work
but i have an idea

AHSOKA:
What is it
?

REX:
u ok with coming here?

AHSOKA:
Sure

REX:
great
ur fives favorite babysitter yk