The one chapter where Cody comes back home

Cody came home from his meeting with Obi-Wan at 2 am. He didn't even know how that happened, they just talk the whole evening and half of the night away. He would be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to sleeping but he really enjoyed spending time with Obi-Wan and he hoped they could meet up again.

  Cody was pleasantly surprised that not only the house was quiet and everyone seemed to be asleep in their room but also that there wasn't a mess in the living room. Wait a damn minute. The living room was far too clean. Cody would swear it was tidier that when he left. Not a thing was out of place and someone even vacuumed the floor. That would be just fine if it were Rex or Wolffe that decided they were old enough to clean up without asking. Only Cody was pretty sure that it wasn't one of them.

  His suspicion was further proven when he found Boba sleeping peacefully in his crib in red onesies. So far, he's mostly been dressing him in the blue and white clothes the twins grew up from. It had to be Fox who changed Boba.

  "Sleep well, ad'ika," he kissed Boba's forehead gently. The kid was going to wake up sooner or later and wake him up with crying but for now, Boba was asleep and Vody wished he would stay that way for a bit longer. "You are lucky to have a big brother like Fox, you know?"

  Cody changed into his sleep wear and as he was staring into his wardrobe, he got an idea. He took a book from the drawer he used for stuff the kids weren't supposed to find. He pulled out the book he was intending on giving Fox for his birthday. That was still months away. But Cody could just buy him a new book.

  Cody made his decision. He crept up the stairs, the book in hand. He made sure he didn't wake Fox up as he carefully placed the book next to his pillow. He ghosted a kiss over Fox's hair. "Sleep well, Fox'ika. I love you, my darling little boy."

  Fox shifted in his sleep and Cody decided to take his leave.

  Ok so this is the shortest chapter I've ever published but I don't really have time to write anything longer today and I don't know how this would continue anyway. I hope you enjoyed the few paragraphs of Cody loving Fox. Trust me, Fox is gonna be super happy when he finds the book. I remember when I was twelve, there was this book I wanted and once I woke up, the book was just there. Later, my mom told me she was going to wait for some occassion but that she thought I was working really hard at school and I deserved a little something. I was the happiest kid on Earth for a moment.