16

I suddenly remembered I own a tablet and found some old arts of mine. I've always sucked at arts but I still decided to post this one since it seemed fitting for the chapter. I draw them without faces (because I really, really can't draw faces) and pretend it's just a style.

Rex met Ahsoka at a park a few levels up from Little Keldabe and god, she looked beautiful. She always did but the dark blue dress she wore hugged her body perfectly and her face markings looked like they were glowing in the dying light of the sunset.

"Hi, Rex," Ahsoka waved at him with a grin.

"Hi," Rex felt his lips stretching into a smile. Such a beautiful evening with an even more beautiful girl.

"So... Where are we going?" Ahsoka asked. Her lekku darkened a few shades, the Togrutan version of blushing if Rex remembered his biology classes correctly. Maybe Ahsoka was interested in something more than discussing military. Because, however weird, that was the toppic they started discussing the day before in the workshop and Rex later used it as an excuse for a meeting.

"I don't know. We could start with a walk," he suggested.

"Sounds great. There is a small pond in the middle of the park, we could go there."

"Sure, why not," Rex quickly agreed and let Ahsoka lead the way. "You know the park well?"

"Yeah. Obi-Wan used to take me and Skyguy here when we were kids."

"Obi-Wan is..."

"My brother. Stepbrother," Ahsoka clarified.

"I don't think I've ever been here. I've been to all parks and playgrounds in Little Keldabe but Cody only ever took us somewhere close to the house and when we were older and went alone, he would always make us promise not to leave Little Keldabe."

"Cody is your older brother, right?" Ahsoka asked. Rex nodded. "Older brothers are the best."

"They are," Rex couldn't help but agree.

"But you have more brothers, right?"

"Yep. Ten brothers."

"That many?"

"That many."

"I can't imagine having so many siblings. Do you have a sister too?"

"Not that I know of," Rex shook his head. "But it's more than possible that we have a sister somewhere and just don't know about her."

"Oh?"

"You know... Jango, our father, he sleeps with a lot of women and he doesn't give a shit about how many children there are from his one night stands. He just left us with Cody. And well, I am almost certain that there are more of us Jango either doesn't know about or ones their mothers decided to keep."

"That's... harsh," Ahsoka looked at him thoughtfully. "I thought mandalorians loved children."

"Jango doesn't," Rex shrugged.

"I'm sorry."

"We have Cody and all of us are better off with him than we would be with Jango."