8

Ahsoka was a part time babysitter. Not because it was all that entertaining but because it was a job she could do only on the afternoons after her classes or sometimes when they were free of school thanks to some repairs happening in the ancient building that was her school. That was the case right now.

When she heard she would be babysitting a Fett, she remembered the hot guy from Skyguy's workshop. Rex. He was probably not the one in need of babysitting. A shame, really. She also vaguely remembered a Wolffe Fett went to her class in primary school, he had quite a reputation for biting people. Good old times.

She didn't really know anything about the Fetts, she only saw Rex a few time and their small talks never got past the awkward 'how was your day' and things like that. And no matter how much she wished they would, she couldn't just walk up to him and invite him for a drink. That worked with Lux but they were just fifteen at the time and Lux was actually interested. Rex on the other hand... there was no way he would be interested in Ahsoka.

Either way, Ahsoka was pretty much obsessed with Rex. She knew the chance of meeting him was minimal, this could be just a coincidence of names or some relative of his. But she still hoped.

Not even in her wilder dreams she would imagine this. Because that was Rex pouring himself coffee in the small kitchen area. A very, very shirtless Rex. Ahsoka was going to talk of Barriss' ear of about this in the evening and then insist that she is not obsessed. Because this was a sight. "Hi, Rex!" Ahsoka greeted him like she would any friend. No need to make this awkward, right?

"Hey, Ahsoka," Rex looked at her with a little weird expression. Was he just surprised to see her? Or maybe he didn't like her? He was almost four years older than Ahsoka, after all. He probably had better things to do than to hang around a heartsick teenager. Maybe he even was dating someone! Ahsoka once again remembered how little she knew about Rex.

"You two know each other?" Cody, Rex's brother if looks were anything to go by, asked.

Ahsoka was embarrassed to feel her lekku darken. She was almost an adult! She didn't need to blush like a twelve year old girl obsessing over a popular singer twice her age. Luckily for her, Rex answered.

"Ahsoka is Anakin's sister," he said.

"Well, if you already know each other, you can show Ahsoka around the house and I will go to work. I hope you don't mind," Cody said, smiling at Rex. He was probably happy to get out of the house. Ahsoka was happy to stay with Rex. Oh fuck, she was like a twelve years old girl obsessing over some celebrity, wasn't she?

Rex for his part didn't seem particularly happy about it. "Coffee?" he offered awkwardly and when Ahsoka accepted the offer, he poured her a mug of the black liquid. No milk, no sugar. Ew.

"Rex, offer your guest some sugar or milk, not everyone likes their coffee black!" Cody called from wherever he was.

Rex sent a glare from where the order came from but gathered milk and a sugar packet. "No one here really sweetens their coffee, sorry."

"It's fine," Ahsoka shrugged, fully aware that her lekku darkened again. She springled her coffee with a generous portion of sugar and some milk, a habit she picked up from Obi-Wan. He drank everything with milk, even tea. That was gross if you asked Ahsoka but the coffee was great.

"So... how have you been?"

So they were back to this forced, awkward conversation? It was about time. It didn't suck all that much anyway, not when Rex was still shirtless. And any potential mind healers around can fuck off, thank you very much. "Normal," Ahsoka shrugged. "You?"