Chapter 2: Reborn, Could You Love Me This Time?

"Say that again, who are you getting engaged to?!"

Olivia had just regained consciousness when she heard this question.

Lifting her eyelids, she saw a beautiful, slender hand tightly gripping her jaw, the veins on the back of the hand bulging from the force.

Olivia slowly raised her eyes in disbelief to look at the man in front of her.

Damien Thorn was dressed in a shirt and trousers, his eyes a fiery scarlet, almost manic with the flames dancing within.

Yet his features were as if painted with ink, like the noble master standing atop the snowy peaks in a fantasy drama, lofty and vast like a divine statue.

Seeing Olivia still not responding, a low chuckle escaped the man's throat. His slender fingers slid down from Olivia's jaw to her delicate neck.

It seemed like he could crush the woman before him with a gentle squeeze!

However, in this spine-chilling atmosphere, Olivia came to her senses!

This scene was all too familiar. It was the day after her 20th birthday, when her uncle and aunt wanted her to get engaged to Evan Nolan. Upon learning the news, Damien Thorn had suddenly come to her school and taken her away.

So, she had died but returned to four years ago?

Returned to a time when everything could still be salvaged, when she could personally take revenge!

Olivia trembled all over with excitement, her eyes gradually turning red.

To Damien, her reaction appeared to be fear and rejection, shattering the last of his sanity!

He abruptly grabbed Olivia's neck with one hand while the other frantically tore at her clothes.

The clear sound of fabric ripping pierced the air.

Olivia felt a chill on her body as the man before her swiftly leaned in, about to pin her down on the bed!

At this critical moment, Olivia suddenly extended her arms and tightly embraced Damien's waist.

"No!" she hastily said, "I won't get engaged to him! I won't agree to it!"

The man's frenzy instantly froze, as if someone had hit the pause button on time.

He slightly pulled back, his blood-red eyes locked onto Olivia's, as if trying to discern the truth in her words.

Olivia's fingers were still tightly clutching Damien's shirt as she enunciated each word:

"If I'm getting engaged, it will only be to you!"

Although deep down, she actually feared and despised the man before her.

Before her death, Evan Nolan had said that her memory had been altered when she was 18.

So, her current memories still had her dating Evan Nolan since childhood.

To her, Damien Thorn was just a madman!

— A madman who was lost at birth, raised in a wolf den, unable to speak or have normal human emotions until he was seven.

— A madman rumored to have boiled and eaten his second uncle who tried to seize the Thorn family fortune, and carved the wolf fangs that nursed him into a necklace he always wore around his neck.

— A madman who had crazily searched for her bone fragments in that explosion, going blind but still insisting on carving them into a pendant.

— The madman in front of her now, with the most noble face, yet ready to tear her apart at the slightest provocation!

But what did it matter? She only knew that in their previous life, Damien Thorn had never harmed her!

"Damien Thorn, I won't get engaged to him. If you want to get engaged, I'm willing to..." Olivia said word by word.

The man in front of her was still gripping her tightly, the scarlet in his eyes undiminished, his entire being emanating a vicious aura. Yet his heartbeat pounded against his chest, shaking his whole body numb.

"Olivia Carlson, I hate deception!" He almost snarled through gritted teeth.

"I'm not deceiving you. I'll prove it to you," Olivia met Damien Thorn's gaze.

Just then, an urgent knocking sounded from outside, followed by an anxious female voice:

"Mr. Thorn, please let my cousin go. She didn't mean to offend you! She just loves Evan too much..."